NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got The PPE header and inspected it.
Great work and the welds are good...but I checked for straightness and look what I found:

And the measured gap on both sides:

Did anyone check for this?
Do you guys think it will be Ok?
My Trial header was perfect in that department...and the flange was much thicker.:confused:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I just got The PPE header and inspected it.
Great work and the welds are good...but I checked for straightness and look what I found:

And the measured gap on both sides:

Did anyone check for this?
Do you guys think it will be Ok?
My Trial header was perfect in that department...and the flange was much thicker.:confused:
I'd take it to a machine shop and get it straighten... it will leak. If not, contact PPE, am sure Paul will be more than happy to help you.

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Many with that header i am sure you will be breaking 200whp.
did you get the Burns Collector?
get that sucker straight, install, and tuned!!!!!!
i did check mine, and mine was straight.

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd take it to a machine shop and get it straighten... it will leak.
Do you think bolting it on and forcing it to bend will be as good?

did you get the Burns Collector?
Nope.... no Burns.....no need actually...they did an amazing job....shure Burns collector is top notch and if your aiming for 1000hp + drag monster you might get about 2 HP more out of it.
Trust me ....The collector Paul did is Good.
It's the warping that has me woried.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Mine looked straight to me and hasn't leaked from that area so far...

Thanks for letting us know though. Something for the newer buyers to look for.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Do you think bolting it on and forcing it to bend will be as good?

Nope.... no Burns.....no need actually...they did an amazing job....shure Burns collector is top notch and if your aiming for 1000hp + drag monster you might get about 2 HP more out of it.
Trust me ....The collector Paul did is Good.
It's the warping that has me woried.
Nope, you need to get it resurfaced. Should be like $10-$20 in any machine shop and should be done in 1 hour.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
lol, omg just noticed your new tagline under your forum name...you've also fitted bp320's!!!! awesome, now we have identical-ish specs!!! :D

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
nice black ceramic coating
my PPE was straight

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I didn't know you were getting this header Many! Nice!! You don't want to miss your goals this time :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yeah get it resurfaced like Red said. If you wanna be extra careful do that and use the copper rtv silicon as well on a new gasket and you'll be leak free.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
My Trial header was perfect in that department...and the flange was much thicker.
Yep, that's pretty much what happens when you use a crappy 3/8" fange. My XS turbo manifold warped in the same way. You should never use anything thinner than a 1/2" flange.

You'll have to get the flange decked at a machine shop and hope to hell it doesn't warp again. PPE should really be making these things with 1/2" flanges.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
^^
It probably warped when they were welding the primaries. Once it's resurfaced it shouldn't have anymore troubles.

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quick update....
The PPE header was straitened and machined .....I custom made a jig for for the mid pipe with my old engine so I can cut ,decat it, and weld it without testing it on the car(I don't have a lift yet)....worked great .

Just to give you an idea before PPE, my air fuel ratio was at WOT from 12.2 to 12.8.
Now It's 12.8 to 14......and a scary :AF:17+ when cruising at 6th gear and flooring it at around 4500 rpm...so back to square one for street tuning and then back to the dyno...sometime next week!:eek::

MAF readings are up too....from 4410/4440 to 4490/4525mv

OH did I tell you!? It freakin pulls....for NA at least;)

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Good job Many :)

Maybe that might explain why I see 17's at idle at on quick throttle tip in

Yep, I'm still not tuned yet :eek::

We want vids!!

We want vids!!

C'mon man, do some pulls so I can compare my stock ecu pulls to your tuned pulls :gap:

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
i dont know what mine was before ppe but after i get steady 14-mid 15's on idle and in wot between 12-high 13's all on stock ecu at the moment

1 - 20 of 21 Posts