NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
i tried tinting my side front window once and it worked out ok, but it was kind of hard making sure all the bubbles were out. The hard part for you would be the rear window because its huge

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Nice find! Around my area professional tints goes for around $120 or more depending on the brand of the film. I wouldn't mind doing this for myself half the cost.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
pnoy said:
Nice find! Around my area professional tints goes for around $120 or more depending on the brand of the film. I wouldn't mind doing this for myself half the cost.
I would. I'd rather have someone else do it. Self-tinting ... meh ... either it'll look great or look like $hit, there's no middle zone.

·
Registered
199 Posts
LightningRod said:
I would. I'd rather have someone else do it. Self-tinting ... meh ... either it'll look great or look like $hit, there's no middle zone.
yea...its better to hire a pro...plus you would be able to get a warranty

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Gila Tint has the same thing. precut tint in different colors, etc. if I remember correctly.

EDIT: And I agree, its better to have a professioanl do it. I had my weindows out of my car and took them to get tinted while the car was in the bodyshop

·
Registered
166 Posts
Very nice find! I think that I will take this to the shop and have them install it. I should be cheaper. :headbang:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would rather pay the extra and get the professional job and warranty. Plus does it say what percent that tint is?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Personally, being a window tinter. I say go professional. Even tho films like Gila are made by our film manufacturer, the quality is sh*t. Like what was said earlier, you can't get the same quality warranty from those films. Go to a tint shop and pay $180 or however they charge for Celica's and get a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
natewan31 said:
Personally, being a window tinter. I say go professional. Even tho films like Gila are made by our film manufacturer, the quality is sh*t. Like what was said earlier, you can't get the same quality warranty from those films. Go to a tint shop and pay $180 or however they charge for Celica's and get a lifetime warranty.
:werd: I mentioned Gila as another idea. I had Lumar 5% all around for roughly $160

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
BHam00GT-S said:
natewan31 said:
:werd: I mentioned Gila as another idea. I had Lumar 5% all around for roughly $160
:thumbup: for llumar. we use the atr series, but soon upgrading to their top of the line film.

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
I've tried tinting on my older car I had before, I'm pretty good with my hand and I had to try few times before I got it on well..... but still not perfect...
If you mess up one little thing and you have to start with whole new tint...
I'm and DIY person, but get it done by professional...

I had my window tint on my car for like 4 years and it's faded... suppose to life time warrenty....
But I park it out in the sun all day in Las Vegas sun light... :D

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
BlAcKman said:
LightningRod said:
yea...its better to hire a pro...plus you would be able to get a warranty
There is no better advice you can give on window tinting than this.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Dooly said:
I've tried tinting on my older car I had before, I'm pretty good with my hand and I had to try few times before I got it on well..... but still not perfect...

I had my window tint on my car for like 4 years and it's faded... suppose to life time warrenty....
should've got a warranty slip w/ your receipt. take that back and get it fixed. it doesnt' cost the tint shop anything b/c the film manufacturer sends the film out for free on warranty work. thats how it works for us.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
natewan31 said:
BHam00GT-S said:
:thumbup: for llumar. we use the atr series, but soon upgrading to their top of the line film.
not sure what line I used but I told him the best they had, which is probably the best Lumar makes. He f*cked up my rear quarter windows and I think I'm gonna have him re-do them. Anyone know if that's covered under warranty?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
BHam00GT-S said:
natewan31 said:
not sure what line I used but I told him the best they had, which is probably the best Lumar makes. He f*cked up my rear quarter windows and I think I'm gonna have him re-do them. Anyone know if that's covered under warranty?
Well if he fcuked it up then I'm sure that's out of warranty ... I think the warranty would only apply if the tint in itself was defective ... but if the installer fcuked it up, then you'll have to go after him and persuade him to re-do it for free ...

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
natewan31 said:
Dooly said:

should've got a warranty slip w/ your receipt. take that back and get it fixed. it doesnt' cost the tint shop anything b/c the film manufacturer sends the film out for free on warranty work. thats how it works for us.
They won't warrenty it if it's kept out in the sun all the time....
That's what they told me when I got the tint....

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
BHam00GT-S said:
its not covered under the llumar, but if he's a good installer he'll see his mistake and fix it for you at his earliest convenience.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
LightningRod said:
BHam00GT-S said:
natewan31 said:
Well if he fcuked it up then I'm sure that's out of warranty ... I think the warranty would only apply if the tint in itself was defective ... but if the installer fcuked it up, then you'll have to go after him and persuade him to re-do it for free ...
natewan31 said:
BHam00GT-S said:
its not covered under the llumar, but if he's a good installer he'll see his mistake and fix it for you at his earliest convenience.
thanks guys, hopefully he'll be civil about it. If not, tint isn't that expensive and I have another shop with the same tint that would do it right or re-do it no matter what. Only problem is they are 2 hrs away. My friend owns the import shop in conjunction with the tint place, so it'll work itself out somehow

1 - 20 of 23 Posts