NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock for Stock, my 2000 gts against my friend's 2001 Base Prelude.

My car is a stick, his is automatic with the sport shifter thingy.

I know the automatic transmission is slower, etc, but it is a H22. I don't know, I just want to hear some insight from all you veteran Celica owners.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
eastchi said:
the only h22 ive lost too was one in a hatch haha! but ive can safely say ive beat a hand full of em
:werd:

You should be able to walk an auto. 5 Speeds are a drivers race in the 1/4.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Back when I was stock, I used to race my friend with a '98 prelude. He had I/H/E and msd ignition and some other things. I'd put about a car on him.

·
Registered
903 Posts
haha thats funny. When i test drove the celica, all the dealership had was auto GTS. I came in asking im looking for a 6 speed GTS, and the guy said we got a GTS. When i looked at it, im like this is auto and this was funny.....the guy said it better than manual! he said you can drive it like manual and you can have the luxury of auto...im was about to crack up on this dude.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Should be all you man... Like said above...if you lose I would blow the car up!!

And...I seriously doubt that a GT would "KILL" an auto Lude... Maybe win...but definately not KILL!!

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
2swft4u said:
Should be all you man... Like said above...if you lose I would blow the car up!!

And...I seriously doubt that a GT would "KILL" an auto Lude... Maybe win...but definately not KILL!!
:werd:

Why...do...you...type...like...this...?

·
Registered
40 Posts
dro04yoo said:
I know the automatic transmission is slower, etc, but it is a H22. I don't know, I just want to hear some insight from all you veteran Celica owners.
I were racing (from stop, ~ 1/4 distance) with H22A Prelude (AT) yesterday. I won with ~1.5 car length.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts