NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 GT that used to be my sister's. It has a rod knock so I am planning on buying a new shortblock and installing that. I know about used engines, but I just think for the money this is a better deal. I can get a new shortblock 20 minutes from my house for $1575 so no shipping and it's completely new. All I want to do is just fix the car so that I can sell it.

Along with the new shortblock, I am going to install a new clutch, timing chaing, oil pump, and water pump as well as new gaskets.

The car has 115k on the odometer. The only problem is that I did a Carfax search and there was a salvage title for the car issued in 2002 in MD. My sister has owned it for 4 years and whoever fixed the car certainly did a great job because you can't tell whatsoever that it was damaged. The car also runs and drives great.

How much do you think I would be able to sell this for after knowing about the title as well as the new parts?

I just don't want to go spending a bunch of money on the car only to not be able to sell it and get it back out of it.

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
haha man a salvage title, no way you could get 8000 for it. It also depends on how new the engine yur putting is. I mean if you put in a 40k used engine into a 2000 celica, without it being salvaged your looking at maybe 9,000, the salvage is gonna cost you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.