NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to have my TRD srpings installed.. I would do it myself but i dont have the tools or facility here in college.. What is a descent price for a shop to install a set of springs? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
i just got a quote for $150. I will be getting mine installed next week.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i could get it done for 60 bucks i'll be happy.. this shop that hasnt opened up yet who a friend knows the people said they would do it for 80. I'm gunan try and bargain them since they have no work under thier belt. So I'll tell them 60 bucks and if the work is good i'll post it on the car forums. maybe it will work.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Im going to S3, Fin recommended them to me but they charged $125.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Daaamnnn... does michigan have the highest prices or something?? What shop quoted me $240... The lowest was $160! And that was about two months ago when i still had my gts and i wanted to have the springs installed!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I was quoted $400 from West Covina Toyota...damn I'm going to do a bit more shopping around I guess since until now I thought it was fair...

·
Registered
493 Posts
lowest price a toyota dealer gave me was $330 but later change their mind and wanted $575, i was pissed off and the guy told me to take my car and go elsewhere....another store agree to do it for $300...and that was it..it seems that they found excuses that celica was not something they did before and how it was hard and had to remove the rear seat, and all the ****

·
Registered
493 Posts
oh, i change the shocks too...i forgot but that its not a reason to charge more

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
area 51 here in irvine quoted 180 for install and balance.. i dont kno if its a rip off.. but i kno Area 51 puts out alot of cars u see in the mags.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Thier checking account!!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I did all 3 of my installs myself. First went from stock to VIS Coilovers....then to Tanabe 2" drop.....then GC coilovers.....and soon Teins. ;) The install is pretty simple and I couldn't see paying more than $100 at the very most to have someone install springs on a Celica.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts