NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Hotchkis Sways bar from Bottle, and I was curious to see what everyone paid to have there front sway bar installed. I got quoted $295...

I was like no thanks i will go somewhere else.

Is it that hard to do your self. I have access to an lift, and alot of tools, i might try and tackle this myself..

·
Registered
486 Posts
my friend got his hotchkis front sways installed for $60 down here in cali

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
who the **** quoted you at 295. Thats some bull****. I was charged like 200, and that was because it was the first front sway they ever installed on a celi and they didn't know what the hell they were doing at the time. They had to consult with me on alot of the install, those bastards. Where did you go man?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
tell him he is supposed to charge an hourly rate, and thats unreal for a front sway install. They did mine, and it was there first one. I can probably pull up the charge from them.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got mine from Bottle for 250 shipped... He is running a group buy right now

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i tried to get it done for 95 bucks from spitzer, but they wont touch aftermarket parts, those bastards. I tried to do it myself then, and it was just an all out bitch to get it done, and one of those ghetto endlinks got stripped. I payed alot to get it done but it was done right.

Also keep in mind that I got mine for free because I won them at the Hotchkis open house raffle. 200 for front and rear sways, installed is not that bad to me ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
hey jamey if you are gonna tackle this one i might be able to give you a hand me and joe had a hard time but didn't have a lift, or all the right tools. Give me a call and while we are isntalling we can finally get my springs and struts on, they have about an inch of dust on them.

·
Registered
493 Posts
why do you need it? because somebody told you that is going to improve handling...?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Aris said:
why do you need it? because somebody told you that is going to improve handling...?
it could hae to do with them wanting to model their car's suspension after a setup that pulled 1.03 G's and had a slalom speed of 76 mph, but i could be wrong

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.