NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next month, Subaru of America will launch the next level of our Driving Performance initiative with the introduction of the 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi.

The Subaru Impreza WRX STi draws motorsports technology directly from our expertise in the World Rally Championship (WRC) competition, and is designed to appeal to the serious driving enthusiast. Featured at the North American International Auto show in Detroit in January of this year, the Impreza WRX STi will serve as the performance flagship of the Subaru line. It will be the most powerful Subaru ever offered for sale in North America.

The Subaru Impreza WRX STi builds on the performance and styling success of the
award winning Impreza WRX models that were an overnight success in the U.S. market. STI stands for Subaru Tecnica International, the high performance and motorsports subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. The Subaru Impreza WRX STi is powered by an intercooled and turbocharged 2.5 liter DOHC boxer engine with Active Valve Control System (AVCS), variable valve timing, and an intercooler manual control water spray system delivering 300 horsepower at 6000 RPM and 300 lb-ft. peak torque at 4000 RPM. The Impreza WRX STi comes equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission and our most integrated Full-Time All Wheel Drive system with a Driver Control Center Differential (DCCD), and a high performance inverted strut sport tuned suspension to provide the ultimate combination of power and handling.

The Subaru Impreza WRX STi also features the latest in performance safety engineering

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
hey... one thing i haven't thought about...

STi stands for Subaru Technologica Internationalia something like that... which is subaru's tuning company...

The Evo lancer is Mitsubishi's model, Mitsu's tuning company is RALLIART...

now if Mitsu would release a RALLIART Evolution Lancer to compete with the Subaru WRX STi... then i would wave bye bye to the subaru...

just a point i'd like everyone to realize...

WRX is out of the box subaru, then the Sti is a tuned WRX...

EVO is out of the box from Mitsu, so it's not fair to compare the EVO and the STi...

compare the STi to a RALLIART evo... then you're talkin

think about it... the EVO was released to compete with the WRX... only thing is, the EVO blows it out of the water, so subaru had to do something to step it up...

WRX = 5 speed AWD Turbo
Evo = 5 speed AWD Turbo

get my drift?

you think mitsu was competing with the STi when they had their minds set on releasing an EVO in the US? had they done so, they woulda released the 6 speed AYC/ACD monster that is available else where in the world...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
jotan82 said:

STi stands for Subaru Technologica Internationalia something like that... which is subaru's tuning company...

now if Mitsu would release a RALLIART Evolution Lancer to compete with the Subaru WRX STi... then i would wave bye bye to the subaru...

EVO is out of the box from Mitsu, so it's not fair to compare the EVO and the STi...

think about it... the EVO was released to compete with the WRX... only thing is, the EVO blows it out of the water, so subaru had to do something to step it up...

WRX = 5 speed AWD Turbo
Evo = 5 speed AWD Turbo

get my drift?

you think mitsu was competing with the STi when they had their minds set on releasing an EVO in the US? had they done so, they woulda released the 6 speed AYC/ACD monster that is available else where in the world...
:werd: EVO 8 Was meant to beat WRX not STi...
there will defintely be a specail tunning edition for the EVO 8 which will blow STi away..

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
regardless... this would make the sti the best bargain, wouldnt it?

a better car for the price of the competitor of your lower trim model.

and if u look at it that way... the evo8 is overpriced...

and when/if the ralliart evo does come, it will be priced well over the sti....

im not a fanboy of either because more than likely, i will never own one, and this rivalry would never affect me, but the sti is a better value at the moment. (out of the box and MSRP wise... mark-up is a biyotch tho...)

modability is a different story.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Kry said:

:werd: EVO 8 Was meant to beat WRX not STi...
there will defintely be a specail tunning edition for the EVO 8 which will blow STi away..
Yes and there are also several special edition STI's that will probably blow away a special edition EVO.

Sounds like we have some EVO fanboys that want to cry because it's going to be possibly dominated by the STI.

·
Registered
654 Posts
jotan82 said:

WRX = 5 speed AWD Turbo
Evo = 5 speed AWD Turbo

get my drift?

wow!!! ive have never seen this much
B.S. in a while here.

don't start making excuses for your evo just because the STi will blow the evo out of water now....
yea STi is subaru's racing arm and yes ralliart is mitsu's racing arm too but in japan these two two cars have racing war just like the camaro vs mustang here in the states. so how come the RALLiART version was never used.....umm mabe because it really dosen't exist, its always been STi vs EVO so don't get all bent because the new STi is going to bring the smack down on the EVO...
on a side note, the only RALLiART evo that i have seen of the new body style EVO was called the 300FQ which was only availble in europe, and it came 300 hp stock. wow what a jump in power:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
didn't mean to start a sti vs evo war... sheesh you guys are ready to eat anyones a$$ out, like a **** in the mens locker room...

keep on topic...

yes there are evo fanboys here, and there are subaru fan boys... but me, i'm an import car enthusiast and would love the opportunity to take the subaru for a spin... i looking forward to it's release

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
OMG tough decision EVO or STI or WRX(wrx because of still easy modding, and price)
OR RX-8, OR 350Z ... IMPORT WORLD IS GETTING INTERESTING.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
you forgot Echo
lol:chuckles:

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Subaru ain't f*ckin' around. $30,995 is a great deal, IMHO the best deal out of any sports car in a similar price range (EVO, 350Z, RX8, etc.).

Also, this EVO vs. STi debate kinda reminds me of the GT-S vs. Type R debate.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I gotta admit, 30K for 300/300 AWD 6 speed manual is a helluva deal no matter how you look at it. Hell, the Supra was more expensive than that when it came out back in 93 and we've had a bit of inflation since then. I think the 3000GT VR4 was quite a bit more as well. I can't wait to drive one. (Not going to buy it buy sure am looking forward to the test drive)

No matter how you slice it you have to give Subaru props for consistently raising the bar. Lets just hope all the other manufacturers see the light (Well, Mitsubishi obviously already saw the light - so exclude them from this comment :D )

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.