NewCelica.org Forum banner

printing in photoshop

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Blue70 
#1 ·
I'm trying to print something in photoshop.... it has text, but my printer when i print it out the text doesnt come out as smooth as it looks on photoshop. It comes all... kinda like... Looks like this on paper

Does anybody know how I can print something in photoshop and have the text and images come out smooth... maybe its my printer, you think? Do I take it to a copier shop? Maybe those will be better? Does anybody know?

#2 ·
I would take it to a Office Depot or some other similar place. Try and save it on a USB flashdrive and bring it to them.

#3 ·
You think it will come out pretty clear.. i mean the text and images, clear as in as I see it in photoshop anyway.

Like it looks really good in photoshop, text is smooth looking but as soon as I print it out on my.. Its like type writer text look. Bleh!

Question, wasn't you the one who went to China? Or am I trippen, maybe it was someone else. If so my bad, hahaha

But thanks for the reply Dragon.

#4 ·
I would try a print place because they may have better printers so you can get the same quality as your picture in photoshop. I remember I would try and print out some things on my old printer but the quality wasn't as great so I took it to Office Depot and it came out nice.

Yup yup, I'm the guy in China now:D
Underneath my name says in Changsha City, Hunan Province.

#5 ·
Nice man... Figured, I remember looking at your last sig with china in the background. How do you like it over their so far ... I can be inappropriate here... what's your nationality? Does it feel weird, like I mean by does it feel weird like do you fit in well or are you kinda the "oh he's the american" hahahahaha but .. what about them chineese girls. Get any pu....HAHAHAHAAHHA ... any females reading this, MY BAD. Haha but maybe we would move this convo to pm ahhhh hahahahaha. How long you their for? Like two years? What do you do on your free time over their?

Anyway, I will check out office depot or like fedex kinkos here in a few days and give you the results... just in case someone else has the same question later on down the road. This will help.

#6 ·
Well most of the time they think I'm African first until I tell them I'm American born and raised. It felt weird at first but now it doesn't bother me as much because people will stare at me because it's either their first time seeing a black American or they rarely get to see someone like me in person. People take pictures, stare, video cameras lol etc...Ask me if I like to play basketball,which I can't...(the famous American foreigner question because of what they see on tv). Most of the time if they do not know better they can only go by what they have seen from tv so I usually explain in hoping that they will also tell their friends. But yeah I have a girlfriend and she is great, I'm gonna be with her for a very long time because she takes care of me and I return the care to her. I usually just view NewCelica on my free time though hahaa!

#8 ·
So I ended up going to fedex kinkos and the quality of the image came out okay.
Some of the small text, still came out crappy though.
As far as the printing on .PNG file. It came out the same, the one at fedex came like 1% better than what I printed as .PNG through my own home printer.

Now... how in the heck?? Can I get the Same or at least SUPER SUPER close quality of an image in photoshop to come out the same when being printed.

Maybe someone can help me, and I can pay you for the stuff I need?

#12 ·
If you want, send me the image and I'll see what's up with it. Unless it's an old-ass printer, it should print exactly what it's sent. The problem is probably in the file itself, but hard to diagnosis without actually having the image.

Photoshop can also create vector images.

#13 ·
Thanks all, so very much.
That is the answer to my problem: adobe illustrator

I knew there was a way to print something, and have it come out smooth like proffesional smooth. Why does photoshop not do that? That's gay.. I guess another way for adobe to make money huh?

If you ever want smooth text to be printed out as you see it on the screen, use adobe illustrator. That is your answer!

anyways i have a thing i need help on.
this is probably more for photoshop.

Anychance, someone can help me?
I have an image, and i am trying to change the color of something on it but i dont know how. Maybe someone can tell me how, or perhaps do it for me? Just pm me if you can help me. It's not a huge image, pretty small actually

#14 ·
Its not a photoshop problem, like was stated, its something with your settings.
I print 6 foot tall expo displays out of photoshop and they look smooth and great

3 issues that I can think of

1: Do me a favor, open your file you were having problems with, then at the top of the screen click on "image" then "Image size" what is the resolution listed (Pixels per inch)?
My guess is it is 72dpi
Also, what is listed as the image size (width and height in inches) does this match what you are printing? (if you are printing on 8.5 x 11, does it show 8.5 x 11, or something less?)

When making a file to print, click on new file in photoshop, in the box that opens
after width and height, change it from pixels to inches, and then enter your print size..
Then change the resolution to AT LEAST 200 for printing. (I am guessing yours is defaulted to 72)

2: another thing is that some fonts do not like to be made larger, some you can go up to 200pt or more and look fine, some look like crap at 60pt or less.. Click on the magnifying glass, and then right click on your image and hit "actual size" then scroll over and look at your text in question, make sure it looks smooth on the screen.. If it looks smooth on the screen it will look smooth on the print.

3: last thing is if you did all the above, and it looks good, you need to save it without compressing the image, so if you are saving as a jpeg, make sure you set it to 12 when saving for the best quality

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.