NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that my 6th gear detonated on the way home. I went to downshift to 5th gear to get around an SUV and as I grabbed the stick it started shaking and then popped into neutral. Everytime I try to put it in 6th, no matter the speed, it just grinds and then pops into neutral.

Back to the dealer I go.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The synchro is fried. I had the same problem with my '90 Eagle Talon with 200k miles.

I was putting it in second, it would grind and pop back in neutral.
If I was shifting slowly, it would go in.

If your car is still under warranty, the dealer should fix it no charge.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
EH who need 6th!:p JK
hope things go well for repairs.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
It's karma for "sticking" it to everyone in OT EAYOR..........:chuckles:

Seriously, good luck getting it fixed.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
dude, they'll fix that no problem. As long as you are under the 5yr/60k warranty you'll be fine.

I mean really how the fudge can you "abuse" 6th. Which is usually the typical reason that dealers turn down service requests.

You'll be just fine. Take it in there and they'll fix it. And while they are in there, if they are a good dealership, they'll check everything else out and fix anything else that's all busted up.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excellent news. I went in today and it took them all of 2 minutes after driving it to decide to replace the entire transmission. They ordered it and it should be here in 3-4 days. I have already ordered a TRD clutch and flywheel to go in along with it.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
WillyK said:
Excellent news. I went in today and it took them all of 2 minutes after driving it to decide to replace the entire transmission. They ordered it and it should be here in 3-4 days. I have already ordered a TRD clutch and flywheel to go in along with it.

Great news. You'll probably get the updated tranny that the 02's got. Wider gates, longer throws. Honestly, once you get used to it. You will like it better. I know I'd love to have an 02.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts