NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I live down under and my partner owns a celica 2006 4 speed auto.
I just bought a CAI Injen and started installing it, following the very blurry instructions provided with it.
Unfortunately, my engine bay seems to be slightly different than most GTS.
1. The relay and fuse box are one, there is no small relay box on the side ( but the threaded hole for the bracket is still present so no harm done here)

2. What seems to be one of the air con lines passes right where the bottom part of the intake is supposed to go (next to the wheel well) making it extra annoying to fit it there. I still managed to, but then the bracket of the intake comes right next to the threaded hole, so there is no space for the the vibra mount, is that a big deal ?

3. And that's the troublesome one, I have 3 hoses coming out of the OBD canister ! I also cannot find what is that service port they are talking about. One of the hoses seems to just link with the useless one (going to the nipple they give you a plug for), through the air box 馃

Can someone shed some light about why is this celica different from the others I've seen in all the pics in forum ? Maybe the latest year of production in Oz they decided to change something ?
In any case, I've hit a wall. Please help !! here is a couple picks of the stock air box with the obd canister hosed in :
Automotive tire Bumper Bag Camera lens Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Wood Tints and shades Hardwood Audio equipment

Electromagnetic Wave :-h
The picture you've provided is of the ACIS (butterfly) control valve - NOT an OBD canister. The hose with the check valve (blue on one end) goes to a vacuum port (or is joined with one in air induction exhaust systems). The port that it was connected to gets capped off when using a CAI/SRI.

Here's a pdf of the install instructions: Wayback Machine

The vibration mount may not line up & may be omitted.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The picture you've provided is of the ACIS (butterfly) control valve - NOT an OBD canister.
My bad, the injen instructions keep referring to the OBD canister, not sure why.

The hose with the check valve (blue on one end) goes to a vacuum port (or is joined with one in air induction exhaust systems). The port that it was connected to gets capped off when using a CAI/SRI.
I did cap off the nipple on the intake manifold, but what about the 2 others hoses ? one is going to the new pipe I assume (not sure which) but cant find where is the other one going.

Here's a pdf of the install instructions: Wayback Machine
Thank you ! This is more precise. Weird thing tho, the guide speaks about the IACV, and of the VSV for CCV. On my air box, the blue connector goes only to the ACIS you mentioned and there is no VSV for CCV. I do have the VSV for EVAP tho, that I joined with throttle body and the other hose (no problem with that).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After further research, I am understanding that the IACV and the ACIS seemed to be the same thing, so should I completely delete it from the new intake ? If yes, what do I connect to the nipple of the INJEN ?

IACV & ACIS are two different things. IACV is on the throttle body. The Celica's ACIS is ahead of the air filter on the OEM intake.

The CCV is a USDM thing, as I recall. OZ Celicas probably don't have them. Just cap/plug that port on the intake.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see ! I ended up doing just what you said, using the little cap that was already on the OEM intake. My guess is they use the same OEM air box than for US but without the CCV so they just cap it off.
I ran the engine 30 min just the time to bleed the cooling system and so far no CEL ! Hopefully it stays like this 馃檪
Thank you very much for your help 2way 馃檹
It鈥檚 4 am here so in the daylight I鈥檒l post a pic of the engine bay for the record, so if some Aussie is wondering, it will be easy to find.
Gday to you !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts