NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i have a 2000 gt..took it in to get the engine rebuilt due to oil consumption problems..cars ok now... but one small problem..still effin consumes oill..now wat?! im starten to get aggrevated with the effin car...

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
ya.. you pretty much wasted your money.
get a 2zz.
my 1zz doesnt eat oil though.. i must be lucky? :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have a one year warrenty so he has to either fix it or give me my money back lol..n well if he doesnt want either i will send him to consumer affairs

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
mine doesnt either :) its a 2000 with 133k miles :)) * knock on wood * hope it stays that way !

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
I must of got lucky. got an 2001 with 85k and no issues so far.
Glad to see though you can atleast get your money back.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yah u can the 2zz is the one that cant be rebuit.. and i replaced everything with new parts aside from the pistons...

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Ah, there's you problem, pistons need to be replaced too. The TSB calls for honing, new rings and new pistons.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok well we opend it up enternally, and nuttin, pcv vaulve brand new, comprestion check cleard agian!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont have n e more money, and i dont no if i should even sue the guy he did his job right with the motor..and i want to boost it within the next month, but i dont no if it would be a problem with the consumtiion or if i should even worry n e more..=( help guys

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thnxs for letting me vent btw:AF:

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
worst case senario, from what i've heard, u'll just have to keep adding oil, check ur oil every few days and if it's missing any, add some.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,879 Posts
i want to boost it within the next month, but i dont know if it would be a problem with the consumptiion
It will, likely, make it worse.

·
Registered
990 Posts
sound's like the guy did what he was asked to do, but you should of done the whole engine, especially when you're going to be boosting the car.. if you're going to boost... get the engine right first...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sound's like the guy did what he was asked to do, but you should of done the whole engine, especially when you're going to be boosting the car.. if you're going to boost... get the engine right first...
umm i payed him to stop the consumption of my car, and he didnt stop it..

well u guys answer me this some people tell me there good numbers and some dont

165 on all 4 pistons are those good compression numbers?

because according to the manual on here it says maximum pressure at 218psi
and minimun pressure at 145 psi..165 seems kinda low to me, but then agian i am a noob

·
Registered
176 Posts
I run a STOCK 1ZZ in a Spyder, and at 100Kmi my compression was 218 Across the Board!.. But at least yours is Constant.. Thats Good..
Get him to Rebuild It.. But this time BORE IT!..

Cap

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.