NewCelica.org Forum banner

Problem =(

1K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  TeamXceli 
#1 ·
ok well i have a 2000 gt..took it in to get the engine rebuilt due to oil consumption problems..cars ok now... but one small problem..still effin consumes oill..now wat?! im starten to get aggrevated with the effin car...

#3 ·
ya.. you pretty much wasted your money.
get a 2zz.
my 1zz doesnt eat oil though.. i must be lucky? :)

#4 ·
well i have a one year warrenty so he has to either fix it or give me my money back lol..n well if he doesnt want either i will send him to consumer affairs

#6 ·
I must of got lucky. got an 2001 with 85k and no issues so far.
Glad to see though you can atleast get your money back.

#10 ·
yah u can the 2zz is the one that cant be rebuit.. and i replaced everything with new parts aside from the pistons...

#12 ·
ok well we opend it up enternally, and nuttin, pcv vaulve brand new, comprestion check cleard agian!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont have n e more money, and i dont no if i should even sue the guy he did his job right with the motor..and i want to boost it within the next month, but i dont no if it would be a problem with the consumtiion or if i should even worry n e more..=( help guys

#15 ·
i want to boost it within the next month, but i dont know if it would be a problem with the consumptiion
It will, likely, make it worse.

#14 ·
worst case senario, from what i've heard, u'll just have to keep adding oil, check ur oil every few days and if it's missing any, add some.

#19 ·
umm i payed him to stop the consumption of my car, and he didnt stop it..

well u guys answer me this some people tell me there good numbers and some dont

165 on all 4 pistons are those good compression numbers?

because according to the manual on here it says maximum pressure at 218psi
and minimun pressure at 145 psi..165 seems kinda low to me, but then agian i am a noob

#23 ·
lol i ment i didnt buy new pistons, everything u just mentioned was done to my car wen they did the rebuilt, new rings were put in place it was honed new crank new bearings everything!.. get me now?

#24 ·
o and plus wen i took the car i just told him that my car was consuming oil he told me a price and that was it, he gave me a list of wat he replaced and that was it, he did the hone, did the oil rings and everything else, but buy new pistons...

#26 ·
^ yah i know, people r telling me i have to change the pistons to, but i trusted the mecanic my stupid mistake =( but im going tomorrow and see wat happends i really dont want to sue him cuz i think its time consuming but 1600 is to much for me to throw away....

thnxs bro

and nice car btw

#27 ·
The problem is the 'Bore to Piston Fit' In other words, The size of the Hole the pistons run in has to be about .004" Bigger than the Piston. Usually when the engine wears out, the Rings have gone up and Down in the Hole too many times, and the Hole is too big. To Fix that the Hole is made to a Standard 'Oversize' and new 'Bigger' pistons and Rings are Fit. This brings the 'Clearance' back to about .004".. And all is well with the Engine, for another 100K Mi or so.
By the Way .004" is the thickness of a sheet of regular Copy paper!. When it gets out to .006 ( One and a Half sheets of Paper ) it's TOAST. and oil burning and Low compression will result.
The Actual Numbers of the Bore CLearance will vary by piston Size, and Make ,, but generally .0025 ( Two and a Half Thousands of an inch ) is too small, and things Sieze!.. but .006 is USUALLY too wide, and stuff bangs!.. Generally. This is what a good OIL is Essential. it doesn't take much damage to screw things up. And when you 'Hone it' to put new rings in, you just made the Hole Bigger!.. But you have to get the 'Hone Marks' on the Cylinder wall, or the New Rings will not Seal. And you have to Hone it To get the Bore Straight, because thay ALWAYS wear Crooked.. Wide at the Top and normal at the Bottom. Taper is not Good.. It kills rings.. Oh Wait, that's what's wrong with yours!..

Bore it!.. Or better yet 2ZZ!!!.. So you can experience the 'Fun Half' of the Tack.. The 1ZZ does not get there!

Cap

Sorry 'Bout your Motor..

#28 ·
thnx u and now i understand it..well ill take it bak to him scince i paid this fool..lol and ill see wat happends..scince u said it should stop

#29 ·
well we found the problem no more consumption...it was dripping throught the timing chain cover it wasnt properly placed soo he redid the head redid all the gaskets bought a new cover for the timing chain just to make sure there was nothing else wrong and the car is fine =) im glad ahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.