NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air conditioning used to run really good and then this weekend I put on my short ram intake and this morning on the way to work my air didn't get cold at all. Is there anything that hooks up to the stock air filter or any intake that has anything to do with the air conditioning or do you think it was just a coincidence that my air ran out at the same time and I just need to recharge it?

·
Banned
5 Posts
kiryn said:
My air conditioning used to run really good and then this weekend I put on my short ram intake and this morning on the way to work my air didn't get cold at all. Is there anything that hooks up to the stock air filter or any intake that has anything to do with the air conditioning or do you think it was just a coincidence that my air ran out at the same time and I just need to recharge it?
When you push the A/C button, does the light come on and than start blinking like 10 secs later? I am having some problems with my A/C but mine is totally stock.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
kiryn said:

Rest the ECU and let the car idle for 10/20 minutes. If it still not working, add some Freon, not a whole lot at once just a little bit at a time. You will know if you put to much in as the A/C will cycle on and off constantly. If that happens just let some out, until it settles down.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
kiryn said:
has nothing to do with the intake. Check the temperature knob. Is it turned toward the warm/hot side...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually since I unhooked the battery cable it resets everything even the A/C button being turned on. Pretty stupid :p. But now I'm getting a cel from the short ram.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
check to see your supply temperature out of your vents....it should be around 45 degree.....dont not add any charge to the unit before you can find out where its leaking out of.....let me know if you have any further questions...i do hvac for a living

1 - 10 of 10 Posts