NewCelica.org Forum banner

Problems with Alarm System

764 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  2way 
#1 ·
I bought my Celica and the guy I bought it from told me that there is a problem with the alarm system. Whenever you lock the car with the remote entry, the alarm can go off for no reason or just goes off right when you lock it. Does anyone have the same problem?

#6 ·
I have the same problem too and would like to fix it myself. In addition to your problems, mine sometimes goes off even when I don't arm the car. It also goes off even with it set at the lowest settings. Could the location of the alarm have any affect on the functionality

#8 ·
if you need help with your alarms if they are after market email me alot of time with aftermarket alarms and people hooking them up they use the wrong wires, there is usually a wrong wire hooked up for dome supervision and that will cause the alarm to trigger then the light goes off or if there is a dome delay wait for the interior light to go off then arm the alarm. if you arm it before the light goes off then the light goes off it will set the alarm off. just let me know what i can help with
justin

#9 ·
lowredcruzr said:
there is usually a wrong wire hooked up for dome supervision and that will cause the alarm to trigger when the light goes off or if there is a dome delay wait for the interior light to go off then arm the alarm. if you arm it before the light goes off then the light goes off it will set the alarm off.
:werd:

#11 ·
baldi23 said:
What if you set the dome light to be off all the time?
Setting the Dome light "Off" doesn't matter... because the Dome light output control signal from the body ECU still changes state when you open a door, etc.

#12 ·
Where would i check to see if the wires were placed wrong, or if my dome light wire is loose? It sometimes turns off when the door is closed, but most of the time just stays on as if the door was still open. That's the reason for keeping the dome light off. Thanks

#13 · (Edited)
Which is probably what is setting off your alarm... I'd just check the door pin switch adjustment... sounds like it just needs to come out a bit. Its behind the little rubber "nub" on the door frame, below the latch U bracket.

BTW, the light will shut off if you left the door open... I think its like 20 mins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.