NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i got the fog lights from walmart, the (nv-602w). My fog lights are not working. As some of you know, these fog lights has a wiring kit and the switch. I installed everything like the instructions except that there is one part on the instructions that i don't understand and i did't do it. It says" The open end of the Red wire should be connected to the low beam (for fog lights) trigger wire which should have a positive (12v) signal when you turn on the vehicle's head light switch. If your vehicle use a negative trigger signal, then you need to connect the Red wire to a switched power wire such as parking light or side mark light wire"

Ok, i wanna be able to turn on and off the fog lights and i thought that if i do that part, then everytime i turn on the low beams does the fog lights will turn on automatically????

I checked that there is coming 12v from the switch of the dash to the relay, but i am not getting any power at all from the relay to the white cable that connects the fogs which then eventually they will turn on.

I have a 2003 celica gt, and did not have factory fogs so I need help figuring this out.

Please someone help me understand this!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
when i had my walmart fogs i hooked the extra wire you are talking about to the drivers side sidemarker light. This way i was able to have the option to have just the parking lights and fogs on or the headlights and fogs. I went through two sets of the walmart fogs because the wiring got ****ty and i just invested in some piaa 510 driving lights which are bright as hell. Everyone flash's there brights at me at night cause they think i have on my high beams even though my driving lights are brighter than my headlights!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts