NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove my front right lower control arm. Does anybody have a method to doing this?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
yeah unbolt the 2 nuts and one bolt from the ball joint, then do the 2 big ass bolts that hold the control arm to the cradle.

lots of heat and lots of pb blaster will go along way.

Pry bar and bam!!!! the are out. good luck

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
^^^
What he said.

Removing the LCAs is more muscle than magic.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just replaced our drivers front today, was bent last week after hitting a curb in the snow. Drivable but steering was off a bit. What I had to do was raise the transmission at the very rear left corner in order to get the front bolt out. Worked ok but I spent at least an hour trying other methods including a large pry bar to gain enough clearance to get it out. Other than that, pretty simple and straightforward job!

Since everyone likes pics, here is the comparison of both old (top, wiped down) and bottom. Fortunately nothing else was damaged, from the looks of it and after taking it for a spin it all appears good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The LCA comes out relatively easy....three bolts under the bottom that hold knockle to control arm....then the two front bolt near the tranny and the rear bolt that holds to subframe...wiggle hard while removing...it helps but this isn't a hard thing to do imo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts