NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
performance

I already have cold air intake on my celica GT. I have ideas on what to do next (performance wise), but i just want someone elses opinion on what to do next.

"performance" sorry for the spelling but it was late and i just needed to get this done. What i ment was power. I want more power to my car. I was thinking turbo but i just want a lil more than that but really have no clue other than turbo, headers and a cat. Is there anything else i could do as in engine work or something?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
"performance"

How about a good driving school (Evolution autocross school or similar). Are you 100% sure you are getting everything out of the car as it is? If not, why not mod the big nut behind the wheel?

Scott

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Originally posted by autxr
"performance"

How about a good driving school (Evolution autocross school or similar). Are you 100% sure you are getting everything out of the car as it is? If not, why not mod the big nut behind the wheel?

Scott
I keep meaning to sign up for this, but I always forget. :(

Though a good response, I don't think it was what he was looking for. Perhaps if he could tell us what kind of mods he's looking for? Suspension, power, misc and how much he wants to spend?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Now that your Celi can breath in better, help it breathe out better: upgrade your exhaust system. If you can, upgrade it all at once: header, high-flow cat/midpipe, and muffler. If you can't, start with a cat-back, then the cat/midpipe, then a header.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"performance" sorry for the spelling but it was late and i just needed to get this done. What i ment was power. I want more power to my car. I was thinking turbo but i just want a lil more than that but really have no clue other than turbo, headers and a cat. Is there anything else i could do as in engine work or something?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pulleys and a port/polish of your heads would help out some. Anything you could do wthin reason to shave off some weight would also help.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Turbocharging is the way to get the most power out of the 1zz.
A good way to go would be the big bore kit from www.monkeywrenchracing.com. that bores it out to a 2.0 and you can get it with low compression pistons, add a turbo kit from Stanford Fabrications to that and you're good to go.

·
Registered
868 Posts
autxr said:
"performance"

Scott
This is funny, because "proformance" is the name of a high performance/ racing driving school where I live - I think your subconcious was trying to tell you something :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
without FI go change for a GTS, maybe suit you more, if possible

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
You could N/A with a GT. I havnt heard any figures out there about it though. Maybe like Bore Kit. Pistons. Vavles. PFC.Headers.Straight Exhaust. Polish The thing to ****..

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Originally posted by GT211
You could N/A with a GT. I havnt heard any figures out there about it though. Maybe like Bore Kit. Pistons. Vavles. PFC.Headers.Straight Exhaust. Polish The thing to ****..
and still be slower then a stock GT-S.

F/I is the answer in a GT, period.

·
Registered
371 Posts
who has done crazy n/a mods with the gt and get results lower than gts numbers? I haven't seen any gt with serious n/a mods, let alone dynos and 1/4 figues... so how come everybody jumps to the conclusion that its useless to go n/a with the gt?

·
Registered
94 Posts
You might consider a lightweight flywheel also - I've seen very positive reviews on those and with the GT you don't have to worry about keeping the revs up to stay in lift. I would also really like to see what the six speed would do for a GT! Also, boring out the throttle body holds some promise for the GT, it has a much smaller one than the GTS with the same 1.8l displacement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts