NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i just recently started modding the celica. so far i have s2k and hids. now i just started my first big project, painting the rims :D.

a few weeks away, i got a set of black gts rims. Although black on red does look nice, i've decided to go for a more unique look. So i decided to paint the rims in a different color, not gun metal or bronze, but sti gold :drool:

well this is what i achieved on day one:

there they are, i just sprayed some airplane paint remover and just waiting for the paint to sizzle.

there it is!!! its begun

for some odd reason, the paint on 2 of the rims was super thick and rubbery so the paint remover wasn't able to break it up. so i used a razor blade and shave it off off. Thats just from one rim...

the result after ~6 hours of applying more paint remover, scrubbing, and rinsing....and its still not clean

o well! i start sanding tomorrow

·
Ultraviolent
7,921 Posts
use aircraft remover, i used that when i redid my valve cover, sh!t burned my hands:laugh: but took the paint off in about 20min, paint was bubbling:chuckles: its really strong

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
use aircraft remover, i used that when i redid my valve cover, sh!t burned my hands:laugh: but took the paint off in about 20min, paint was bubbling:chuckles: its really strong
hahah yea i used the spray can, then i ran out and i got the giant flask looking thing. I applied it on and waited for a while and it still wouldn't bubble. So I'm like screw it, I'm gonna fillet it

nice!!! good luck! keep us updated!
:thumbup: definitely

·
Registered
226 Posts
i was actually thinking about painting my wheels sti gold! ahah, i cant wait to see what it looks like in the end :) good luck!

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sell me that scoop will ya :thumbup:

why wont u take no for answer:confused:

i was actually thinking about painting my wheels sti gold! ahah, i cant wait to see what it looks like in the end :) good luck!
haha thanks, i hope i don't fudge anything up, its my first time painting :ugh:

·
Banned
9,353 Posts
Nice I kind of want to paint mine gold.

·
Registered
917 Posts
ya it's gonna be legitt keep us updated

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
eh?
I thought we only need to sand down the wheels and then apply the prime, paint, coat...
Didn't know we gotta use the paint remover to this extreme... =/
I'm repainting mine in spring break.... hopefully...
keep up the good work,
I've never seen one guy on here fail to repaint the rims =D

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
those are going to come out nice I can feel it :)
yess, hopefully :fingerscrossed:

ya it's gonna be legitt keep us updated
:D :thumbup:

eh?
I thought we only need to sand down the wheels and then apply the prime, paint, coat...
Didn't know we gotta use the paint remover to this extreme... =/
I'm repainting mine in spring break.... hopefully...
keep up the good work,
I've never seen one guy on here fail to repaint the rims =D
ya thats what i thought too, but when i started sanding it would take me forever to sand a tiny patch. it would take me weeks to sand all 4 rims :faint:

He's going to be the first to fail.

Just kidding :laugh:
:nono: no jinxing

1 - 20 of 383 Posts