NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Please stay away from the boob tails unless you are secure enough to sport them with a bra. Accept and live with the fact that you will be made fun of if you do.
What qualifies as "boob tail lights"? I definitely want to track down some of the newer tails for my car so I can ditch the amber glass. But that's a super low priority project. Just one of those "it'd be nice" things.

·
New Kid
282 Posts
What qualifies as "boob tail lights"? I definitely want to track down some of the newer tails for my car so I can ditch the amber glass. But that's a super low priority project. Just one of those "it'd be nice" things.
Boob.

LED

TYC

Its your car and I dont care if you get any of the tails everyone hates but my advice is if you wanna lose the amber turn signals just buy some tint.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-03-TOYOTA-CELICA-TAIL-LIGHT-PRECUT-REDOUT-TINT-COVER-RED-OVERLAYS-/370649082233?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Celica&hash=item564c682979&vxp=mtr

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
Like someone else said just keep your stock headlights and buy what you want, win/win. Change when you want. I've got 3 sets of tails and change depending on my mood and the season.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Which is why I've been trying to collect info on the quality of these headlights, but it's been difficult. Most of what I hear (across the internet, not just here) is either people calling halo lights "rice" or people who have just put them into their car and love them. What I can't find is any reviews that speak of the longevity of the lights, until Enarki said "they haze quickly," and Rafa said "they fade within months." So I guess I'm still doing research.
So! It's been about four years now and I thought I'd just go ahead and follow up on this. I did buy the Spec-D dual halo projector lights for my Celica (I got the all chrome ones), and I've been super happy with them. The installation wasn't too bad (a friend and I did it in an afternoon) and it's been about 3.5 years now that I've had them in. This is the third winter I've been through, and so far I have not had to replace any bulbs. There is no visible glazing or cracking, and I've enjoyed the look the entire time, not to mention that the visibility is much better than my 14 year old glazed OEM lights.

So it's just one man's experience, but I can say that I've had at least 3.5 years of good quality out of them. Maybe I got lucky (unlikely considering my other luck with the car) but I think I can say that the reports of lights hazing within months are exaggerated.

·
Her name's "Cecilia"
5 Posts
So! It's been about four years now and I thought I'd just go ahead and follow up on this. I did buy the Spec-D dual halo projector lights for my Celica (I got the all chrome ones), and I've been super happy with them. The installation wasn't too bad (a friend and I did it in an afternoon) and it's been about 3.5 years now that I've had them in. This is the third winter I've been through, and so far I have not had to replace any bulbs. There is no visible glazing or cracking, and I've enjoyed the look the entire time, not to mention that the visibility is much better than my 14 year old glazed OEM lights.

So it's just one man's experience, but I can say that I've had at least 3.5 years of good quality out of them. Maybe I got lucky (unlikely considering my other luck with the car) but I think I can say that the reports of lights hazing within months are exaggerated.
Hello friend, I have been searching like crazy for someone recently who still has or had these for a long time but nobody speaks of them after 2013.. lol
I am in the market for the verticle stacked ccfl halos for my 02 gts.. I see you say they have lasted the test of time with you for almost 4 years so the halos are holding well? Did you wire them seperatly or any special way? my stock lights are so muddy I hope I can get lucky and get a good pair of these to update the look of my girl.. thanks for your time guy

21 - 31 of 31 Posts