NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Welcome aboard man! You got it for all the right reasons.
I'm in the silver gt-s club as well.
As far as the MT, you should be fine if it was beaten up by the other owner.
With gas mileage if its 85mi highway trip you should be able to get 35+mpg crusing in 6th.

Have fun, enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! This site is a great tool...so use it well!

As far as the 2000 MT mis-shift...that's in part due to the syncros (sp?)... I think if you change it to a short shifter you'll be fine... Just take your time when you're shifting!

Again, congrats and welcome!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
2swft4u said:
Congrats on your purchase! This site is a great tool...so use it well!

As far as the 2000 MT mis-shift...that's in part due to the syncros (sp?)... I think if you change it to a short shifter you'll be fine... Just take your time when you're shifting!

Again, congrats and welcome!!
no man, mis-shifting has really nothing at all to do with syncros. It is all in the gates, which are too close for some, and they mistake one gear for another. Although, i did install a short throw, and it seems that the gears are more detectable, so i would recommend it...but maybe thats just me.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Actually it is in the syncs.. assumming thats what he means.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hi! Welcome!! You the the perfect ride for what you need. It's a good car... mine hasn't let me down yet. 85,000 miles and feels like new. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
the only time i mis-shift is when i am making fun of others like the dude in the rsx video....

OOOO SHIIIIITTTTTTT MISSSSHIFFT!!!!1111!11!1!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
you could also extend yoru shifter to create a more noticible difference in the position of the lever when you are in different gears.. all in all i thkn the biggest problem with the shifter is the stock height

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the shifter, the transmission, its height, its position or anything. It is when people scew up.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I agree on that, there's probably nothing wrong with any of components. It's just different than what we are used to (just remember the famous or infamous Ferrari gated shifter that demanded you to shift purposefully). I particularly like the height and postion of the stick just fine. I don't think the syncs were bad from the factory, they got that way because of human error. The fact that Toyota did change things later doesn't imply that there was something wrong with them either, they just improved the shifting for some, while others would miss the original.
Take your time, do it right and enjoy it. If you wanna race then get yourself a short-throw kit indeed

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
welcome! give us some pictures of your ride :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I knew I should have worded that differently. I should have said shifting this particular MT takes a little getting used too.

Thanks for the warm welcome

1 - 20 of 28 Posts