NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting pulleys cause it seems like a pretty cheap mod but I went and read through the thread where UR crank pulleys cause engine death.

Will these cause me any problems? And are they the correct ones for my 2000 gts 6 spd?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-...010QQitemZ200004412321QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

And can I install it myself? Or will it be easier to get the dealer to do while he's servicing my car?

·
Registered
270 Posts
AnthyGTS said:
I'm considering getting pulleys cause it seems like a pretty cheap mod but I went and read through the thread where UR crank pulleys cause engine death.

Will these cause me any problems? And are they the correct ones for my 2000 gts 6 spd?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-...010QQitemZ200004412321QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

And can I install it myself? Or will it be easier to get the dealer to do while he's servicing my car?
read it carefully on how many pulley(s) they are selling!!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
In case you havn't figured it out yet... that is the AEM alternator pulley it is the only one known to be safe for our cars that is why AEM only sells that and not a crank pulley which a lot of people blame for engine death... the AEM one will probably free up a couple hp at the wheels... other companies sell crank ones they will probably only free up a few hp also maybe slightly more so it is your choice if you want to risk it and find out if it will hurt your engine for a few hp... but as far as your question if those are the right ones... they are not the ones you are talking about but they are a good one to get if you want to spend $70 to get a couple hp as far as I know they are safe and shouldn't be too hard to install... but I'm not an expert on the install becasue I dont' have them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ace, I had no clue what they were talking about, so I didn't figure it out. Still newb and not afraid to admit it.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
AEM alternator pulley is useless by itself.

The UR kit is ok, there is one pulley in the kit that may cause engine failure. Try to see if Johnny GTS still sells the safer immitation.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Unorthodoxs website says they dont sell replacement pulleys for applications where it would replace the engines harmonic balancer.

But since most toyota engines dont have balance shafts, Id say not to.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Luni420 said:
Unorthodoxs website says they dont sell replacement pulleys for applications where it would replace the engines harmonic balancer.

But since most toyota engines dont have balance shafts, Id say not to.
Thanks for repeating what everyone else said...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts