NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this thing from Auto Zone, and I am not sure how to install or where to place it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
884 Posts
hmmm...

My friend has that... He installed it in his cig. lighter... You have to run the wires to the ignition

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
a friend helped him install this....so he really didn't do it. so don't ask him how he did it cuz he doesnt know..i've already drilled him to figure it out.. :D

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Tell you the truth, I can't remember where I got the button. I've had it in there for 2 years now. Just get a copy of the ignition wiring diagram from the dealership mechanic and it should be pretty easy to figure out. I didn't wire mine up, so I don't have a clue.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
baNanA_ryCe said:
a friend helped him install this....so he really didn't do it. so don't ask him how he did it cuz he doesnt know..i've already drilled him to figure it out.. :D
=) told ya guys

·
Registered
884 Posts
If you want to buy that button, then just go to the Honda dealership. You can use the one that is in the S2000. God, we keep stealing parts from the S2000. Anyways, any Honda dealership should have it, and you can just wire it in. Some people on ebay have already soldered wires to it, and they sell it like that. If you buy it from the dealership you will have to solder three wires to it. I'm thinking about getting one too once we get the install figured out. The button also lights up. I need to figure out how to wire it in so it doesn't bypass my security system and I'm thinking about adding a hidden killswitch. err... that's what you deal with when you live in the city...

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've never seen these except in pics of the S2000 so I have to ask.

What's the point??? I'm probably missing something but here's my assumption. You still need keys, correct? Otherwise someone could just break in and take off by hitting the button. Maybe you don't have to turn the key and just stick it in or something?

It just seems like an un-necessary extra step to get on the road, all for the sake of saying, "oh cool I have a button!" :rolleyes: But again, please tell me if I'm not understanding how it works since I've never really looked into these before.

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Well, its really just eye candy. Its easier to just put the key in and turn it, hitting the button is another extra step. I don't even do it anymore. The main reason I put it in there is I don't smoke and I don't allow smoking in my car, but alot of my friends smoke. I thought it would be a good idea to remove the cig lighter altogether, and the button just happens to fit in the hole perfectly with no modifications, so why not put something there?

·
Registered
884 Posts
roger that... You still have to turn the key to the "on" position, press in the clutch and then press the button. It is extra hassle. It's just "cool" factor, and eye candy. Why do people put body kits on or paint their interior?? It's fun, and it looks good.

For example, you have the blitz front... Why do you have that? It probably is harder to drive around with that thing on vs. stock. But, it looks frekkin nice!! The "cool" factor is worth the extra effort it takes to negotiate speed bumps, car washes, and driveways. Well, the button has "cool" factor too, at least for me, and it doesn't hinder anything, so "why not?"

·
Registered
271 Posts
Actually I don't have the blitz front now, but I have to admit good points were made. And it does look pretty cool, too. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
u got rid of ur blitz? lol that thing is goin around, isnt it! from me to you and now to who?

·
Registered
884 Posts
thanks!! i'm glad you understand my point... btw no disrespect was intended... I wish i had a blitz front...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts