NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Hardcore N/A
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So...After asking Dave if it would worth trying(no was the answer),I decided to give it a shot!!!

Here you can see the throttle shaft that was grinded to about 3mm per side,the knife edged throttle plate and the perfectly rounded screws!

The throttle shaft again along with the screws flushness...

Here is the throttle body ported and polished to about 88mm(from the initial 84mm).

Ignore the fingerprints-they will be wiped out.

I hope that I will have some additional gains from this.I did the same back then to my stock TB and I sure felt the difference,w/o even touching my fuel map or VVT!

· Hardcore N/A
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So its still gonna funnel down to the 84mm intake inlet.
Yes.
I doubt you will gain anything power wise

No.More gains are to be seen from the grinded throttle shaft combined with the knife edged throttle plate,than the bored TB.It's the final combination,that will make the butt-feelable difference.

· Registered
860 Posts
Yes.

No.More gains are to be seen from the grinded throttle shaft combined with the knife edged throttle plate,than the bored TB.It's the final combination,that will make the butt-feelable difference.
Make sure your throttle plate can close a lot. These engines don't need much air at idle. And you will be fine

· Vendor
17,998 Posts
The Q45 already has a throttle stop screw thats adjustable. If its not hitting that screw check that cold-idle thermostatic kicker crap - it needs to be removed (there are instructions on the install guide)

That TB looks great. I dunno that you really need any more flow, but what the hell - here's hoping!

If you took those throttle plate screws out, make sure you put them back in with loctite

· Hardcore N/A
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Q45 already has a throttle stop screw thats adjustable. If its not hitting that screw check that cold-idle thermostatic kicker crap - it needs to be removed (there are instructions on the install guide)

That TB looks great. I dunno that you really need any more flow, but what the hell - here's hoping!

If you took those throttle plate screws out, make sure you put them back in with loctite
Already removed the extra weight crap but the only stop we saw,was the one that adjusted the closed position...

Thanx for your good words-we removed everything that we could that would alter flow and with total accuracy!

And yes-thread locker was used.

· Registered
149 Posts
pointless if you only port one side - all your doing is creating a bottle neck. you cant port a tb properly without replacing butterfly. almost as funny as when peeps port the IM to match the gasket which actaully slows airflow!! research is the key - and some latteral thought.

· Vendor
17,998 Posts
pointless if you only port one side - all your doing is creating a bottle neck. you cant port a tb properly without replacing butterfly. almost as funny as when peeps port the IM to match the gasket which actaully slows airflow!! research is the key - and some latteral thought.
Milling the shaft is not without merit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.