NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
45,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Qatar's Police Fleet of Porsche Cayenne SUVs and Panamera Sedans
Qatar's police fleet of Porsche Cayenne and Panamera cruisers, which along with several Toyota Land Cruiser SUVs, came together to celebrate the Arab state's National Day parade on December 18.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7kjsDZS0Mno" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why red? I'm sure they'll upgrade to the 2012 LC soon enough.

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
Makes sense. Most of the speeders are driving cars like porsches, lambos, ferraris, etc.

·
Oh. Snap. Ohsnapohsnap
2,517 Posts
I've been on that exact same route where that parade was filmed a few years ago in Doha

Qatar, like a lot of the UAE sure like their fancy toys. I remember getting off and on the airplane at Doha Airport and they'll shuttle you to/from the planes in either Ranges or Cayennes

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
It's gonna be funny when their riches are reduced to nothing when we stop or significantly decrease oil consumption in the next 50 years.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
If the Cayennes are anything but Turbo models they are going to get nowhere.

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
It's gonna be funny when their riches are reduced to nothing when we stop or significantly decrease oil consumption in the next 50 years.
Qatar is the one UAE country that is seriously trying to change for a future without oil. If any will be ready and accomplish it, it'll be Qatar.

You got a lot longer than 50 years before there is any significant change.
That may or may not be true. We all better hope it isn't. Even at 50 years the world is going to be one screwed up place. Right now oil consumption around the whole world, let alone the US, should be almost non existent.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
That may or may not be true. We all better hope it isn't. Even at 50 years the world is going to be one screwed up place. Right now oil consumption around the whole world, let alone the US, should be almost non existent.
Oil doesn't just move cars and provide heat to homes. It also helps make a lot of products. Also, do you realize how hard it would be to make the dependance on it go away or drastically change? Factoring suburban areas out of the equation, cities alone use HUGE amounts to heat the buildings/provide hot water. You would need to restructure pretty much every building across every city, as well as the suburbs, as well as make cars not rely on it anymore.

Cities are lined with an immense natural gas system. To change that, would cost an astronomical amount and frankly, I don't see us getting the technology any time soon. One answer to reduce the cost for utilities is nuclear power, but the media creates hysteria around any plants so that option is pretty much gone.

We need to invest in alternative powers, but we need to be realistic. The technology to vastly diminish the need is no where near being ready. For now what we need to do is drill within our boarders as we have enough oil in reserves to last us for at least 100 years.

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
Wether it's extremely difficult or not does not change the fact that the use of oil has damaged our environment and still is damaging our environment. That damage is compounding at an astounding rate. We're running out of time. We're literally burning down our own house. Unfortunately for our current way of life we only have one earth. We can't throw it away and buy a new one. We need to reduce our need. We need to be more efficient. We need to put all our effort into alternate clean energy sources. Drilling more oil, or digging more coal isn't the solution. They're problem. Humans are amazing what they can accomplish when they decide to. It can be done. The world is what you make of it.

PS. Suburban cities use far more energy per person than cities do.

·
Super Moderator
45,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Qatar Shows What Owning 10% of Porsche Can do For Your Police Fleet
So why exactly does Qatar’s police force have so many Porsches in it? Well Qatar Investment Authority is the state-owned investment arm of Qatar, which is a subsidiary of Qatar Holding LLC. Originally setup to diversify the wealth of Qatar, both control over $60 billion in assets which include 17-percent of Volkswagen and 10-percent of Porsche AG.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Wether it's extremely difficult or not does not change the fact that the use of oil has damaged our environment and still is damaging our environment. That damage is compounding at an astounding rate. We're running out of time. We're literally burning down our own house. Unfortunately for our current way of life we only have one earth. We can't throw it away and buy a new one. We need to reduce our need. We need to be more efficient. We need to put all our effort into alternate clean energy sources. Drilling more oil, or digging more coal isn't the solution. They're problem. Humans are amazing what they can accomplish when they decide to. It can be done. The world is what you make of it.
There is so much wrong with this post I'm not even going to address it.

You are trying to argue a business/study/thing that my family has been in for decades (business, research, studies ect).

·
Unknown
743 Posts
There is so much wrong with this post I'm not even going to address it.

You are trying to argue a business/study/thing that my family has been in for decades (business, research, studies ect).
Then what is said business/study/thing called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
There is so much wrong with this post I'm not even going to address it. You are trying to argue a business/study/thing that my family has been in for decades (business, research, studies ect).
We own a fuel oil company.
Of course from your and your family's point of view you would see it as wrong. Others not involved in the oil business and therefore not counting on oil for source of income see it differently.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Of course from your and your family's point of view you would see it as wrong. Others not involved in the oil business and therefore not counting on oil for source of income see it differently.
It isn't our main source.

Also, there is more than enough oil in this countries boarders to drop the price down to around $2 a gallon and supply us for 100 years - enough time to make significant strides in technology that can lessen our dependance. However, environmentalist go ape **** and prevent drilling, which leads us to import oil, have the cost driven up, and prevent significant research as we depend on OPEC and over seas markets.

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
It isn't our main source.

Also, there is more than enough oil in this countries boarders to drop the price down to around $2 a gallon and supply us for 100 years - enough time to make significant strides in technology that can lessen our dependance. However, environmentalist go ape **** and prevent drilling, which leads us to import oil, have the cost driven up, and prevent significant research as we depend on OPEC and over seas markets.
Wether oil is your main source is irrelevant. It is a source of your income.
Time and low prices will never create environmental clean energy sources. As stated before, our environment is degrading at a tremendous rate and might already be permanently changed to our detriment. We need clean energy now not in a 100 years. Low prices will kill clean energy research. Only through high oil cost will alternate clean energy be an economical option and promote research.
By the way, There is not enough oil in the US to keep up with US demand as it expands over a 100 years.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
By the way, There is not enough oil in the US to keep up with US demand as it expands over a 100 years.
Oh really? You have first hand knowledge? Know the research? Know about sand oil? Know about the large reserves in Alaska, the Gulf, the Long Island Sound, middle of the U.S, and oither places? I'm sure you know about all that :rolleyes:

I'm sure you also knew that the United States was an oil exporter (one of the largest, if not the largest) up until the 70s when "hippies" and other hardcore environmentalist forced legislation that made it nearly impossible to mine for oil within the U.S. You think all that oil just vanished?

You are arguing what my family has made a fortune on, studied, and researched. Give it up.

Also, I promote clean energy research. Just because we own an oil company doesn't mean we hate alternative fuels - you are being manipulated by the media on that. Why do I promote it? We need it, and it wont be here in time to hurt our business.

Time and low prices will never create environmental clean energy sources. As stated before, our environment is degrading at a tremendous rate and might already be permanently changed to our detriment. We need clean energy now not in a 100 years. Low prices will kill clean energy research. Only through high oil cost will alternate clean energy be an economical option and promote research.
You completely missed my connection to clean energy research, and the cost of oil, however, I'm not surprised though.

We are spending tremendous amounts of money buying from the OPEC countries when we have enough to oil here to run our own country. Since we are spending this huge amount of money, we have little left over money to dedicate to research. If we drill within our boarders, and become nearly independent, we can give ourselves enough time (not 50 years - it wont happen) to create feasible clean energy sources - or maybe get the media to stop playing up nuclear energy.

With the way this country is run, the huge oil corporations will not let oil fade out within 50 years. Also, our country is not built for hybrids (smaller ones), smart cars and public transportation. Towns and cities are to far spread out.

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
There are no large reserves in and around any US states. Any large prospects of oil are guesses at best.

The retrieval of oil from tar sand is detrimental to our environment. It's also prone to failures which would cause even further damages to our environment.

The US stopped exporting oil because it wasn't economical. At the time, all the remaining sources were too costly monetarily to extract. Now they're too costly to the environment to extract.

The promotion of any oil business is in your and your families best interest monetarily AJ. If clean inexpensive alternate fuels become available sooner than later you and your family looses income. Hence, your views on the matter.

Your incorrect connection to clean energy research wasn't misunderstood. It just doesn't work that way.

Yes all (not just huge) oil corporations are going to great lengths to fight any and all clean energy sources. They own most politicians in our government. Our environment can not afford their profits any longer. Their business is killing us.

Distances in the US are perfect for small hybrid vehicles and public transportation. Bullet trains for the great distances and electric/hybrids for shorter distances.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
The promotion of any oil business is in your and your families best interest monetarily AJ. If clean inexpensive alternate fuels become available sooner than later you and your family looses income. Hence, your views on the matter.
Oh you know my families monetary information? FYI, 98% of income in through real estate and my step moms business, not the oil company. My dad only does it still because he is the boss and he sets his own times for work.

There are no large reserves in and around any US states. Any large prospects of oil are guesses at best.
Oh yeah? You really trying to say what our research and others alike are wrong? If its guesses and best, why was Miller contracted to help extract more?

The US stopped exporting oil because it wasn't economical. At the time, all the remaining sources were too costly monetarily to extract. Now they're too costly to the environment to extract.
100% wrong. Legislation was passed that created it hard to mine.

Our environment can not afford their profits any longer. Their business is killing us.
This right here, shows how much of a tree hugger you are. While I'm all for the environment, you act like if we don't stop this instant, the world will blow up. FYI, I'd be much more worried about a nuclear war, than anything environmental related right now.

Distances in the US are perfect for small hybrid vehicles and public transportation.
Hybrids, yes, public transportation? HELL NO. You know how much smog buses produces? You know how **** tastic the public transportation system is outside of cities? You know how many buses would be needed to make that transportation be extremely effective? Do your research. Anything outside of a major city, public transportation would not work well without a SIGNIFICANT increase in the amount of buses going around.

Also, hybrids are great and all, but I suggest you look into how they get the batteries for the cars. I wouldn't exactly call it, environmentally sound. Hint, open cast mining. Hence why it seems great for oil related savings, but the environmental impact from these large, open cast mines don't exactly make it any better. Again, why I say the technology is not there yet.

Is that we have the largest oil shale reserve in the world? FYI, it is minable.

Also, another FYI, if drilling protocol wasn't so strict, BP would have been able to drill much closer toward land, in shallower waters. Where, if in fact, an incident would occur, it would be easier to fix.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts