NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a C60 transmission from them and specifically said I wanted a 2005 transmission with the updated syncros/wider shift gates. Now, the 2003+ transmissions, did Toyota update the syncros/wider shift gates or were they only offered?
Anyways long story short, they gave me a 2001 and I am mad when I ordered it through a sales representative and I asked him if he would guarantee me that it was an 05 transmission and he said yes, so I of course go ahead and order it.

Received it a week later and gave them a call back, the representative that picked up almost got into a dumb argument with me because he said they're all the same- of course I know they're the same. But I told him the 2003+ had wider shift gates/updated syncros. Now they're going to listen to my phone call I made last week. So who's at fault here?

·
Registered
436 Posts
thats the problem with these junkyards or sellers, even though you specifically ask for something, they just think you want it for a specific year or your car, but in their minds they just think maybe the customer doesn't know its all the same, so they send you whatever fits. did you state in your request, I only want the 2003+ or don't send me anything else if it aint that?

·
Registered
581 Posts
thats the problem with these junkyards or sellers, even though you specifically ask for something, they just think you want it for a specific year or your car, but in their minds they just think maybe the customer doesn't know its all the same, so they send you whatever fits. did you state in your request, I only want the 2003+ or don't send me anything else if it aint that?
Your telling me I just ordered my e-153 and the junkyard guys say "yup thats what I got here, so you want that on the truck to you tomorrow?". They are all about year and car model with no idea which models offer lsd and different crap like that. I almost got 2 wrong trannys before I got the guy to realize what I was talking about and got me the correct e-153.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.