NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I ordered some reverse glo type gauges to hold me over till I do the center tach conversion. I have the TRD face currently that I want to sell when it comes out (already have a buyer). Do the gauges have to be installed over the old overlay or can I simply remove it and then install them? Also how is the easiest way to get needle stoppers off? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
yes ur glo crappy gauge will go over ur trd gauge..i would just wait til u do the conversion..wat's the point in taking out ur cluster to do this install then taking it out AGAIN later to do the center rpm mod?? then again it is ur car..personally i think those glow gauge sux anyway..led from dooly and his gauge face is best for the buck and look nice as hell..

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Needles are easy...just take your time it may sound odd but grap two spoons and pull up gently while having thumb on needle...pull out gently

you do have to re-do both to match RPM & MPH which again will have to be repeated

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the glow gauges in my last one and liked them really well. It's just temp. I can think of more important things to drop over 200 bucks in than my gauges right now. Would rather spend that on performance mods really. I am trying to get around leaving the gauge face on as I want to sell it. I know it will go over it but would rather remove it really. I'm not worried about removal of the actual needles as I have done this before. Just removing the stops the needles rests on.

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
Just use some tweezers to remove the needle stops. You have to squeeze the back side of the needle stops and they will slide right through.

You will have to install the glow gauge over the OEM gauge face or it won't look right. If you need a stock gauge face PM me. I just installed some RJ Autoworks gauges.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer bro but I guess I will install it over the TRD face. Might me better to hold onto it...never know when I might need it for something :) Wish I could do an LED mod with it but was told the numbers and such are screened in orange :(

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes ur glo crappy gauge will go over ur trd gauge..i would just wait til u do the conversion..wat's the point in taking out ur cluster to do this install then taking it out AGAIN later to do the center rpm mod?? then again it is ur car..personally i think those glow gauge sux anyway..led from dooly and his gauge face is best for the buck and look nice as hell..
I like your stock rims painted bronze. Am actually looking to do that soon myself. Just don't have the cash for wheels right now. I always worry about looks first but I think this time I will just get me a turbo first and then work my way down ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.