NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some old guy ran the stop sign last week and i wasn't able to stop fast enough and i barely hit his tires but scratched the **** out of my front bumper. Well his insurance gave me a check for 107.xx dollars and i take that to a close auto body shop. The shop said they will work out the difference with the insurance company and take care of it and fix my car. I was all happy and ****. well i get my car back 2 days ago and i notice that they messed some spots. I can still see some scratchs and i found some bleshes that looks like they maybe tired to blend the new clearcoat in with the old clearcoat. I always thought they have to repaint the whole bumpers? Am i wrong here. Well i went up to the shop i got it done and i should it to him and he said just bring it back and they will repaint it(Not thinking at the time, i was think what the hell is he going to paint the whole thing or just that spot again and i forgot to ask him this.) Oh i also found it looked like swirl marks but of a blumish and light color in in direction of up down and left right around the supposed fixed area. What is this. i told the guy maybe it was cause by a buffer or something, but he responded they didn't buff it and it make been cause when they clean the car. well i am takening it make to them on monday to get fix again. what should i look out for and what should be done. DAMN IT WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST STOP AT STOP SIGNS!!!

thanks and sorry for the long message

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
The amount of painting a shop does depends on the size of repair work needed. They should blend the new area into the old. I've seen a few jobs where there are no visible signs of repaint, but you can feel the difference in the surface.

Can't answer the rest. Bad shop maybe?? Pics might help.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its hard to tell in pics black looks too good lol :) the reflections block the mess ups lol

thanks anyway. hope it is done right this time.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well damn it i brought it back up to the bodyshop and they fixed the front but it is nice and sunny outside today and i get up close to my car and i notice it looks like i have specs everywhere. get closer thinking it is dirt or sand but no it is overspray ALL OVER MY DAMN CAR!!!! i am so pissed!! what the hell do i do now. I guess i will have to devote 4-6hr to clay,polish, and wax to get my car back to normal. DAMN PEOPLE MAKE ME MAD! WHY ME! i funny thing is when i got my rear bumper repainted it was perfect. wow if thier is anything that i can do please tell me. also how do i get overspray off of weather stripping and windows? man i would take it back up thier but i would be afriad when i picked it up that i had swirl marks all over my car from incorrect claying and waxing! man oh man! it looks like the customer just got riped!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Sounds like a bad shop/repair job to me.
Any good body shop can repair or repaint most anything to look like new.

Personally, I would be more pissed at the bodyshop then whoever hit me. Shoddy workmanship has become all too common in this day and age!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't worry about that I AM SO PISSED at the shop. i guess i'l have to travel futher to this other shop i know of when i have to get **** paited. anybody know the answers to my questions?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DMAN IT every time i look at my car i notice the overspray more and more. this is pissing me off!!! its everywhere!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i feel a lil like an ass i washed my front bumper to make sure it was overspray and to find out it wasn't. it is something in the air that is all over my car. but oldly it didn't show up till after i got my bumper repaint again lol. So i guess that is why it said that. anyway i do take back the over spray but it did take them 2 times to fix some small scratchs!!! grrr.. well i am still planning on claying my whole car this week just to make sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.