NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

back in november I got my new clutch installed, and with that I had the shop change my tranny oil also. When I went to pick up my car a couple days later the guy was finishing up changing the tranny oil, but he did not have the car level. He had the car jacked up on the front only and filled it that way. I've read before that you should have the car level when filling up the oil to make sure it is completely full. I gave him 3 bottles on the redline mt-90 and he only used 2.

Every since then my shifting has not been smooth at all, but I didn't really think anything of it until last week when someone mentioned to me that the rough shifting could be due to the fact that I do not have enough tranny oil.

Now, my question is this: should I just use up the other bottle? Should I even bother putting in the other bottle? If it makes my shifting smoother, then I will do it.

If I do do it, would it be OK to mix the new redline mt90 bottle with the slightly older stuff that is already in there (also redline mt90, but it's been in there about 10k miles).

Please let me know guys, thanks!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
redlinegts85 said:
Hey guys,
... he only used 2.

Now, my question is this: should I just use up the other bottle?
YES.

redlinegts85 said:
If I do do it, would it be OK to mix the new redline mt90 bottle with the slightly older stuff that is already in there (also redline mt90, but it's been in there about 10k miles).
YES.

The "full" line is to the bottom of the filler plug. Just fill 'till it starts running out. I would think with the front lifted, more, not less, would end up going in.
dB

·
Banned
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just tried changing it, but it was already leaking out when I took out the bolt. That means the guy must have left some of that old crap in there too. I will just wait like 10k more miles and change the entire thing again.

·
Registered
216 Posts
redlinegts85 said:
Well I just tried changing it, but it was already leaking out when I took out the bolt. That means the guy must have left some of that old crap in there too.
You do NOT want it overfilled. It might be why it doesn't feel good shifting.

·
Registered
716 Posts
2 and a half bottles fills the transmission. I wouldn't think it's a lack of Redline fluid in there. You posted that it was overfilling. There is plenty of trans fluid in there old and new. You have at least 2 new bottles in there plus.

You have better fluid than I do and some here (I need a change, but can't find my 3rd bottle).

I agree with the new clutch, Maybe they didn't lube up things/clean up things like the forks. The shift linkage should be checked/cleaned/lubed. If you have been driving the car since November I would assume the install was good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts