NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was driving today and i was raining and while i was making a turn, i stepped on the brakes and i started sliding and i kinda bent my front drivers side rim and scraped the tire. and now everytime i break the car or turn it makes a weird sound like something is moving out of place. i was wondering what could it be, the axels, shocks,etc....

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and also I put my factory wheels back on and it still makes the noise so it's not the rim or tires.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I would imagine you bent your A-arm. Also check your upper and lower control arm. I hit a curb doing about 40. It did about $4,000(including labor) in damage to the undercarrage. I have a list of parts and prices to look at if you're that concerned. I'm at work right now but I'll let you know if you'ld like when I get off.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey fox2000gt-s can you give me the list of part, I'm thinking of taking my car to toyota sometime, hopefully it wont be as bad as you stated. thanks

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you can still drive it, it won't be near as bad. You could probably get away with just replacing the a-arm and getting an alignment. I get off work at 8am so I should have it posted by 9am.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hit curb with left front of vehicle. Replaced:
power steering linkage $1127.72
wheel 376.57
shock 163.21
steering knuckle 225.06
hub sub-assembly 102.89
radial bearing 39.17
disc brake cover 30.22
arm s/a 193.34
lower ball joint assembly 54.71
front drive shaft assembly 369.64
crossmember s/a 1077.44
tie rod ends 57.31
there were several other minor parts like bushings, seals, and plastics.

Did you hit the curb head on or from the side? Does it look like the tire sits farther toward the rear of the wheelwell?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took my car to toyota this morning and i think they said that my side Lower Control Arm was bent, and that i also needed an alignment. so I got it repaired for $426 with installation and tax. Everything is working right now. I hit the curb from an angle (i was turning) my front bumper got kinda scraped from underneth, but its not visible unless you look under the car. Now all I have to do is get that rim and tire replaced. But fox2000gt-s thanks for your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.