NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am kind of debating on getting rid of the TRD coilovers and getting some Tein SSP's. I am curious though as to whether you use the stock suspension mounts with these or if those are discarded completely. It looks like on the install I read that the person who wrote up the install did away with the stock suspension mounts, or the black thing that the coilover assembly goes into while the suspension mount and coilover assembly mount to the car. Does that make sense? Can anyone shed some light here. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
if your getting the tein ssp, then they come with their new upper mounts, so you dont have to use the stock ones.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
the only thing I dont like about TEIN is that the body is not height adjustable, only the spring perch is adjustable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It rides nice so far. Just installed them a week ago...

·
Registered
18 Posts
How's the ride quality if compare to stock springs and struts? I'm thinking to get a set too, but don't want to lose the ride quality. Do they make any noise when the car goes on the bumpy road? I heard some people said they'll make some clunking sound.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
depends on your mods, if you have hotchkis sways then there is a chance, Teins seem to have a really good stiff setup but still nice for street driving, 16way damping adjustable and height adjustable, Im sure you will find the right setting

·
Registered
716 Posts
Every thing you need is right out of the box. You can save all your old Toyota stuff because you won't need it or might in the future.

You might have to raise the car a bit to snug the springs on the SSP coilovers because they are loose for shipping reasons and will be on your car. It's all one adjustment for us as of now.

Just snug them enough so the spring doesn't move around on a lift or jack stands (wheels of the ground).

Nothing is preset from Tein and ready to go.

The endlinks are the biggest mistake. Make sure you make them over 10" long ball joint center to ball joint center. This will eliminate all binding spring noises when you take a tight turn. The more "popping" noises you hear on slow tight turns the more those joints on Tein endlinks go south.

Other than that, get it set up and "tuned" correctly.

Good luck with your decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts