NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone says its a catback but I was searching and found pics and they were describing it being cut off before the cat... there for it would be deleting the cat?? Which doesn't make sense.... so does the Kazuma delete the cat?? also.... how much louder is unbolting the exhaust by the axle vs the kazuma??

Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
here r pics of my kazuma,

it cut off the stock exhaust from the very front, then weld on the straight pipe kazuma.
kazuma is the loudest exhaust, unbolting exhaust can't compare with it.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so its louder then unbolting from the axle?? I find that hard to believe.... your pics didn't work btw....

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
then the kazuma is not a catback?? or did you modify yours?? I keep reading completely different things here lol....

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm confused on you too. I always thought it was a catback exhaust, which I liked becasue I dont believe our cats are that restrictive, and its also very illegal not to have one, and i dont want to completely trash the environment.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
being catless really doesn't bother me.... my last car was catless (turbo)..... but I was thrashed when I asked before about and I got the comment "hence the word CATBACK".... now wtf is the exhaust lol.... some say catback others show and say no.... so whats the deal??

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
It is welded up just before the CAT, is does NOT replace the CAT else the tubing would be much longer

·
Registered
903 Posts
the cat itself is pretty small. If youre putting on the kazuma, you might as well go catless and get the full benefits.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The Kazuma is stainless steel isnt it?

·
Registered
262 Posts
the kazuma, does not replace the cat. it is a cat back exhaust "from the CAT BACK exhaust"

the cat on the celica at least gts (never really looked at a gt) is huge (measure the diameter, and compare it to another 4 cylinder or even 6 or 8 cylinder cars and you would see the diffrence.

the kazuma is louder than bolting off the axle back muffler. it also gives more HP than bolting it off as well.

if you are planning on eliminating your cat, there are a few little words you have to worry about: OBD2
i welded in a strait pipe with my kazuma, and purchased that circuit that fools the ecu into believing the cat was there. i think the car ecu has inside info on the stuff thats being done to it, it worked for about 3 weeks (300 miles of driving) then started acting up, back in went the cat.

·
Registered
903 Posts
that why we do the mechanical O2 mod and not relying on electronics to fool the ECU that will break down under extreme conditions.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
well what about the guy with the wr header?? just wondering cause i just orderd my kazuma yesterday and i was thinkin about gettin the wr header after awhile.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts