NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the 2000 celica GTS ever have a 5spd option or was the only option between a 6spd or auto? Can someone please tell me the shift pattern for the 6spd tranny? Where is reverse located?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
No GT-S ever had the 5-speed tranny as an option.

GT: Available with 4-speed automatic or 5-speed manual.
GT-S: Available with 4-speed "sportshift" or 6-speed manual.

GT shift pattern:
1 3 5
2 4 R

GT-S shift pattern:
R 1 3 5
__2 4 6

·
Registered
273 Posts
This topic should be :closed:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you think it is a bad question then that is your opinion. I asked to gain knowledge though so I see nothing wrong with it. I asked also due to the fact that there is a very nice gts at a local dealership that was being advertised as a 5spd and I was trying to figure out if that was possible or not.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Oh...well I'm sorry...
I guess it just blew my mind that someone actually asked if the GTS was a 5 speed... Did you not do any research on the Celica? Have you not looked through the search topic on the site? Have you ever heard anyone on this site call the GTS a 5 speed? Nope...didn't think so...

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
JJ9078 said:
If you think it is a bad question then that is your opinion. I asked to gain knowledge though so I see nothing wrong with it. I asked also due to the fact that there is a very nice gts at a local dealership that was being advertised as a 5spd and I was trying to figure out if that was possible or not.
I've noticed that alot of dealers are very dumb when it come to advertising their own vehicles.

·
FTW
6,168 Posts
2swft4u said:
Oh...well I'm sorry...
I guess it just blew my mind that someone actually asked if the GTS was a 5 speed... Did you not do any research on the Celica? Have you not looked through the search topic on the site? Have you ever heard anyone on this site call the GTS a 5 speed? Nope...didn't think so...
youre new so let me tell you that this forum is called newbie forum, it's where new and uneducated celica/would-be celica owners come to get information/help. they can ask the same question over and over if they want to, and we will answer the same question over and over. we dont tell them to search. most questions they ask may be dumb to some, but theyre asking for a reason, b/c they dont know.
if youre not going to help, then dont bother posting.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2swft4u said:
Oh...well I'm sorry...
I did not ask if the GTS was a 5spd. I already knew that they came in either 6spd or auto. I did asked though if there was ever a option to have a 5spd put in. To answer your question, yes, I have done research and I was looking to this forum because of everyones knowledge of celicas. Just because a car comes standard with a certain transmission though doesnt always mean that a customer can not order a different setup when they get the car new. There are many cars that come standard with a 5spd or auto and you have the option to order a 6spd so I just did not know if it could be that type of situation. If you dont ask questions then you will never know so there is no need for you to be rude over something so small. They may seem like stupid questions to you but this is how someone gains knowledge. If the questions irritated you as much as it seems then you should simply move on and ignore it completely.

I am only 18 but I am in no way a little kid jumping on a forum trying to just ask random questions I promise. I do have a good amount of knowledge when it comes to cars, just not celicas. For a little background on me I just got done helping my neighbor do a v8 (ford 5.0) swap in his 2nd gen RX7, I myself had a 1st gen RX7 that was also getting a v8 put in (chevy 355) up until a few months ago when I had to sell it due to money problems, I have also owned a 98 eclipse so anyone who has ever owned one knows first hand if you dont have mechanical knowledge for one of these then you are in trouble because stuff is always breaking, and I also worked at a motorcycle shop for 2.5 years up until a few months ago when I was laid off because of the company having financial problems. I live outside of memphis TN and am on a few forums out this way such as memphis racing scene and mid south drag racing.

Back to the car...
I am pretty sure it was the dealerships screw up due to the fact that there was a sparco shifter knob on the car so they probably just didnt know.

LightningRod,
Thank you for helping me out with the shift pattern. I tried searching for it everywhere but couldnt find it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to go look at it today and I now have a deposit put down on it. I should be able to take it home tomorrow after all of the paper work clears. It has a injen cold air intake, injen exhaust, and a header that looks to be made by TRD. Only thing I need to get for it so far is the small grill with the toyota symbol that goes on the front bumper.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
JJ9078 said:
I went to go look at it today and I now have a deposit put down on it. I should be able to take it home tomorrow after all of the paper work clears. It has a injen cold air intake, injen exhaust, and a header that looks to be made by TRD. Only thing I need to get for it so far is the small grill with the toyota symbol that goes on the front bumper.
Looks nice. Don't think it is a TRD header though, the TRD header for the GT-S is rare and expensive.

One thing to check out. When you test drive it, make sure Lift engages. Otherwise it may be broken lift bolts and that can be a PITA to change, and if the bolt is broken it may be causing damage.

·
FTW
6,168 Posts
i would just say to be careful when buying a used and modified car. you never know what the last owner did to it or how he drove it. double check everything.

·
Registered
926 Posts
LooksFastGTS said:
2swft4u said:
Oh...well I'm sorry...
youre new so let me tell you that this forum is called newbie forum, it's where new and uneducated celica/would-be celica owners come to get information/help. they can ask the same question over and over if they want to, and we will answer the same question over and over. we dont tell them to search. most questions they ask may be dumb to some, but theyre asking for a reason, b/c they dont know.
if youre not going to help, then dont bother posting.

STICKY THAT!!!!!!! i hate getting flamed in newbie forums for not knowing stuff, thats why this section exists

1 - 13 of 13 Posts