NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering wot is the best way to launch with N2O installed (assuming u dont have a window switch). If u just floor it i guess this will create a lot of strain on ur transmission, clutch, engine etc not to mention wheel spin. wot is the best way u guys have found to launch a gts with 50 shot NOS.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well I dont have a 50shot, but with a 35shot traction for me isnt that much of an issue. If the ground is somewhat wet...then I am **** out of luck, but if its dry...no traction problems.

Best, safest way to launch regardless...dont use the nitrous in 1st. Run through 1st gear the way you normally do...then when you go to 2nd...hit the switch.

That will solve all traction problems you may get.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Even though you have a wide open throttle switch...you still need a main switch to arm the system. Come out of the hole in 1st with the switch off, as you shift into 2nd you flip the switch on...

If you mount your nitrous switches in your ashtray compartment...it becomes relatively easy to switch on/off at will. :)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
well thats what my girlfriend did in her lude. she turned on the system while she was flooring it. and she has a wot switch. although she only did it once. now she just guns it at the light.. her times were a lot better like that. but anyways. i dont see any problem with turning on the system while the wot switch is already on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts