NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you're running a 62 shot per your previous posts. My question for you is how is your car running? The reason I ask is that the shop I go to is about to install a 60 shot for me. I currently have it jetted for the 35 shot. How is your stock clutch and plugs look? Have you ran into any problems? I have stock plugs, clutch, etc. Thanks in advance for the reply.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I ran for a year with 50 shot, then switched to 62.5 shot (jets between 50 and 75) about 6 months ago. I have 45K miles with original clutch, and plugs. My car is stock except for the springs. The plugs look fine and the clutch still feels OK. I always let the clutch fully grab before letting the juice flow. I learned my lesson on my old MR2 with 100 shot. At a drag strip I hit the juice too soon and fried a good clutch. 62 shot feels good and I don't have any plans to go any higher. My car runs fine, hope this helps.

I'm a happy NX customer!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet, thanks for the reply. I don't want to have to buy a clutch so soon, I really wanna get the genx upgrade. I already have the purge, just nothing else. Thanks again. Buy the way, what type of cars are you beating with the 62 shot?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mustang Cobra (not the newest with s/c), Camaro SS, BMW Z3 V6, and WRX are the big ones. I'm not going to list all the easy ones like Honda's. I did loose big time to a Lamborghini, but it was cool that he gave me a race. The Camaro SS should have beat me, but the kid did not know how to drive. Stock Mustang GT's and Z28's are very easy to beat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts