NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know the specs bout the turbo Dave has coming out. Would like to see the turbo handle around 250 hp to the wheels with the proper engine prep ofcourse.

Stock boost? ( Upgradable ? )
Need for fuel injectors?
What rpm does the boost build and or reach max boost?
Any type of high preasure fuel pump and regulater come with?
Acceleration and or quarter mile time slips?
Ecu upgrade?
How long is the turbo suppose to last?

Sorry for asking again if posted but I did search. Thanks for anyone who responds and am glad to say am very interested and have the money.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
WCT did can it. But David picked it up. 126 is parts I believe.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
126 is me :)

West Covina Toyota chose to drop the project, and we've chosen to pick it up. I just met with the manager of the production facility, and he's going to be making a couple of minor changes to the manifold for ease of installation.

The stock boost is slated to be 6 - 6.5 psi. The main goal is 230 hp to the crankshaft, although a touch more would be fine, too ;)

It will come with fuel injectors.

Boost comes on very low, with full boost achieved by 2000 RPM's.

No supplemental or alternative fuel pumps or regulators are necessary.

Not time slips yet, although dyno numbers should come out soon.

The kit comes with an ECU upgrade, which intercepts and adjusts the MAF signal based on load, throttle, and other signals. As far as the factory ECU is concerned, the stock fuel injectors are in place, and life is wonderful :D

The turbo, which is the sleeve-bearing K04 found in the Audi TT, does not have a life-expectancy like a ball-bearing turbo does. It should theoretically last as long as the engine, which current estimates would put in excess of 100,000 miles.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm definitely going to shoot to get the turbo..although i'm afraid i might not have the money in time...

How long are u looking to keep the turbo in production?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yeah thats a good question, how long are u willing to produce kits like this for us??? I just blew a ton of money on wheels and suspension!! I am definitely planning on buying the turbo kit but I just don't know how soon I will have the $$$$$$!! Please let us know Dave and again thanks for all your hard work u have put into this project!!

Justin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts