NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday i was in an Accident.I guess you can sy I was tailgating and I rear ended a car.

The other partys damage is like 4-700 bucks.

I didnt report my damage.Since i dont want my insurance to go up.Police came.And he didnt give me any points or anything.

I pay bout $100 a month on insurance and im 19.This is my first accident.

My question is how much will my insurance go up..And for how long ?

I called gieco which really is crap..And they wouldnt give me a straight answer...some help ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugly Pete said:
none of us can answer that for you. you will have to wait for your next statement. i dont get why they couldnt tell you on the phone tho. thats kind of lame.
cuz there lame ass's they said..my insurance wont go up for another 6 months.And by than I want a new car.So..Now im like all feckin giddy about it

But what do you think...You think this will totally increase my insurance ?

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Accidents always increase your insurance, how much is determined by some formula the insurance company uses. No one here will be able to tell you but odds are its gonna go up a nice chunk beings your young.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
It didn't increase mine and I caused major drive train damage to a new xterra:sadpace: But then again, I went from driving A Firebird to a taurus for 8 months and it it was ins says the accident doesn't show up on my records:D

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I just totaled my WRX and on the new legacy GT I just picked up I still have my 15% no accident discount because it isn't replacing the WRX but a second car I owned :gap:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by F35-JSF
I didn't question or argue with my agent either. I just changed the subject and pretended it never happened.
:faint:

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Your insurance will go up by 17.3% and that rate will last for the next 16 months. So your monthly payment will be $117.30 per month until 1/30/06.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Originally posted by F22-Raptor
I just totaled my WRX and on the new legacy GT I just picked up I still have my 15% no accident discount because it isn't replacing the WRX but a second car I owned :gap:
We ohioans have it good:D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
XYRCNCP said:
Your insurance will go up by 17.3% and that rate will last for the next 16 months. So your monthly payment will be $117.30 per month until 1/30/06.
Thanks man...I appreciate it

I guess i need a moped

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Originally posted by YoungTRD
Thanks man...I appreciate it

I guess i need a moped
you know I was just pulling #'s out of my ass right? :chuckles: I was just playing, no one here is gonna be able to give you an accurate or estimated amount because there are so many variables in insurance. Like what car u drive, how long you've been driving, age, location, mileage you drive, where u drive to, etc...

For example, in the past 3 years, I've had 3 $1,000+ comprehensive claims and my rate has not gone up, and I have Geico, now I pay about $185/month for two cars, but that's because they're brand new '05s. I get the 25+ y/o rate, I'm married, I get a corporate discount and my wife and I have had 5+ years with no moving violations.

If you had 3 $1000+ claims, I'm sure your situation would be different.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You will have to just wait and see what happens. Right now, I have one accident and 3 speeding tickets on my record. I'm 20 and I pay $430/month for full coverage w/ $500 deductible. Next month my accident goes off my record... hopefully it'll go down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts