NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been researching into getting a new flywheel and clutch combo for my celica 01 GT, and I'm leaning more towards the RPS flywheel and the RPS street clutch. I've also been reading more on what people think of the clutchmasters fx100. I noticed that the RPS clutches do not mention including a pilot bearing nor a throwout bearing in their product description. Sorry if I sound like a noob, but these two items I guess have to be ordered at the toyota dealership correct? Or is there an alternative throwout bearing or something? Please let me know if this setup is sound, or if I should consider another brand or setup. Thanks..

·
Registered
709 Posts
I just had my SPEC clutch and flywheel installed and I am very happy with it..
It has a stock-like pedal pressure but can handle high torque numbers.

takes some time to get used to the high engagement point, but you should be able to adjust that. I am doing that tonight as I like a lower engagement point better

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Immo said:
I just had my SPEC clutch and flywheel installed and I am very happy with it..
It has a stock-like pedal pressure but can handle high torque numbers.

takes some time to get used to the high engagement point, but you should be able to adjust that. I am doing that tonight as I like a lower engagement point better
What were the specs on the spec clutch and flywheel you installed? Was it a street disc or something with a little bit more torque capacity? I did a quick search and found their website, and I really like their stage 2 which has a kevlar clutch disc included. Is it worth it to upgrade to a kevlar clutch? I'm riding a GT without any FI and simply need something that handles very smoothly but still can take a beating when pushed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts