NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is hard to describe, but in my celica, it sometimes accelerates unsmoothly, or feels that way. Its hard for me to say if its really true or just something of my imagination, but I feel like I can always feel this though 2nd and 3rd gear, more so when the engine is cold. A way of describing it, is it feels like if you dyno'd the car doing that, that the torque curve would have a ton of little peaks and valleys all the way up. Is this normal or anyone elses like this?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it really shouldnt be anything related to the air intake. I'm runningi stock air box (recently did the butterfly valve mod, and maybe that fixed it I havent paid much attention), and I just replaced the MAF less than 500 miles ago.

·
Banned
816 Posts
Well I have this exact same problem but I have a cold air intake. Since you have the stock airbox I'm not sure why this would be happening to you, since it never happened to me when I had the stock airbox. Try putting the BV back on and see if you notice a difference.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
redlinegts85 said:
Well I have this exact same problem but I have a cold air intake. Since you have the stock airbox I'm not sure why this would be happening to you, since it never happened to me when I had the stock airbox. Try putting the BV back on and see if you notice a difference.
Actually I noticed it with the BV first, I just never made a thread about it. Since taking the BV out I havent noticed it, but it might have left with the cold weather too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts