NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to drop my rear about 2 inches and my front about .5 inch (reason is i got the blitz front and its already pretty low). What should i get and do i need to do an aligment as well? should i get springs? sturds? coilovers? i really do not know much when it comes to that, someone please help.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Dragncrosmember
That just won't look right at all. Try just getting some trd/eibach pro kit springs.
:werd: The car will lean backwards like an airplane taking off. :chuckles: The smallest drops out there are Tein H-Tech (.9"), Eibach Pro Kit (1.2"), and TRD (1.25").

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i messured and it should still be fine but ok lets say 1 inch front and 2 inches rear. what should i get then? what are good springs?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Mixing and matching springs isn't a good idea. Each set of springs has a different stiffness for front and rear, and they both work together. You may get unpredictable/dangerous handling by using springs that different. You can try Skunk2 or Ground Control adjustable springs, but they have a pretty stiff, bouncy ride on stock struts. Getting struts like KYB AGX or Koni Yellows will help control the springs, but then you have to worry about the rear struts dying faster than the fronts (a 2" drop is bad for struts).

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Getting different sets of springs is the only way you'll accomplish that. The next closest springs are Hotchkis (1.4" F / 1.9" R). They make the car pretty level, so bumping the front end up another .5" will make the car look like one of those old domestics with the rear end sagging. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
lilchief said:
I want to drop my rear about 2 inches and my front about .5 inch (reason is i got the blitz front and its already pretty low). What should i get and do i need to do an aligment as well? should i get springs? sturds? coilovers? i really do not know much when it comes to that, someone please help.
Sturds?

Anyway - what do you use the car for?

That will help people help you.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
It seems to me that you need coilovers. I proper set will be expensive but will include properly designed struts. With a coilover set, you can experiment with any ride height you like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts