NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Driver Side 3 Gauge Pillar would pass Recon? My buddy said it would a veiw obstruction, or something. Kinda like the panoramic mirror add on. Second opinion anyone?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
99% sure you will fail for the exact reason you mentioned: obstruction of view.

just put your stock pillar on and then put the gauges back when you pass. if you ever get pulled over the gauges wont raise any eyebrows with your recon unless you've made dramatic changes after the fact like drop lower, add HIDs, etc.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
is there a particular reason u want a gauge pillar? just put the gauges in that center console area. no need to worry about recon, and it's a lot cleaner than pillar gauge pods. that's just my opinion of course...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
slopokegts said:
is there a particular reason u want a gauge pillar? just put the gauges in that center console area. no need to worry about recon, and it's a lot cleaner than pillar gauge pods. that's just my opinion of course...
i remember tony had his on the center console and it looked good, but it was hard to see while driving. i think it's easier to see the gauges while driving if theyre on the pillar. of course you can argue how often youll be looking at them.

the other drawback to having them on the console is if you have a flip out LCD screen. another good excuse to get one of those dual din dvd stereos with the screen built in!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I admit this is mostly for looks, but I did see a silver celica this morning that had them, it looked nice to me. And there is quiet a bit of these pod pillars in the used parts thread. I need something to keep me busy until I get my bodykit.
BTW I not really looking to build a "Clean Car", or Aggressive. Somewhere in between :thumbup: Is always a good place.
BTW: The CF Hood fits great :thumbup: .

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
haha that's good to know. it was probably my alarm thingy that was pushing it up. do u know what gauges ur going to be running?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Autometer is what I'm familar with, but I must say the S7 look hella tight. & they would go with the Overlays ( S7 ) I got. BTW does anyone has an opinion on the S7 guages. in Quality not style. One of my friends said to stay away from the one that blackout when the car is off.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
RUSH said:
Autometer is what I'm familar with, but I must say the S7 look hella tight. & they would go with the Overlays ( S7 ) I got. BTW does anyone has an opinion on the S7 guages. in Quality not style. One of my friends said to stay away from the one that blackout when the car is off.
the blackout ones are from defi (unless other companies copied the style). what did your friend say was wrong with them? i never heard of any problems.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
skamikaze said:
the blackout ones are from defi (unless other companies copied the style). what did your friend say was wrong with them? i never heard of any problems.
ONe of my friends had a set of "defi style" gauges. They weren't very good. I'm pretty sure that the real Defi Meters are of high quality.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I have 3 Defi's in my SW20 and they work great, are easy to see in daylight and don't suffer from glare or reflection. The Defi brain unit is great because it records up to 3 minutes of run time as opposed to the other brands.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well... I got a friend,who has a friend, who has a cousin, who....uhh said it didn't work after a short period after install. Not sure what brand though I'll ask next time. but is defi a short whats the real name?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts