NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using a quick realease steering wheel? looking for a easily installed, light weight, user friendly, affordable wheel.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Some of the road course guys might have. For autocross, most of the classes require you to keep the original wheel if it had an airbag unless you get into the crazier classes.

The road course guys I know (non-Celica) swear by the NRG quick release system.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have an NRG quick release w/ a Sparco Lap5 steering and I love it. The quick release itself and install were pretty affordable. The steering wheel is what cost the most.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
^ Got pics of your setup? :eatpop:

·
Poopin' on Scrubz
3,742 Posts
Never really saw the point of a quick release wheel on a car that has opening doors... :confused:

If your doors are welded shut and you have to crawl through the window, then yes, put one in.

Here's what quick release steering wheel should be in ;) :

·
Registered
886 Posts
^^^I would have to disagree, but its cool. I got mine for looks, comfort, peace of mind(somebody cant just hotwire my car and take off with it). Im also pretty tall and a detachable steering wheel makes it way easier to get in and out of the car.

Here's afew pics joey.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I got a NRG short hub, NRG quick release v2.5, work bell wheel space adapter and a Personal steering wheel.

I have a quick release because it makes getting in and out of my bucket seat alot easier and I also have a lock that goes over my quick release so it makes me car that much harder to steal. :wiggle:

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice pics and theft prevention is one of my concerns on a car that I'm going to dump 10+ grand into...

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
, peace of mind(somebody cant just hotwire my car and take off with it)
but then again there are other ways ,like a kill switch , that will provide a nice theft deterrent. You dont have the proper set up that will prevent you from eating the steering wheel in an accident.

Nice pics and theft prevention is one of my concerns on a car that I'm going to dump 10+ grand into...
its more of a theft deterrent. if they really wanted the car, they will steal it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
:thumbup:-Looks nice!
Do you keep the steering wheel with you wherever you go?
Thanks! I take it with me when I go to places like the mall, movies, or any kind of ghetto environment. Most of the time I just leave it on the dash though.

but then again there are other ways ,like a kill switch , that will provide a nice theft deterrent. You dont have the proper set up that will prevent you from eating the steering wheel in an accident.
Of course theres other ways, its 2012. But I ment peace of mind from the average stupid teenager trying to take my car not Memphis Raines. I also wouldve just kept it stock with airbags if I was worried about eating it in an accident.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, the switch is nice, I was just looking for something a bit cooler then the club..I will probably just use a hidden switch til i see how it goes in the stock class this year.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Wait you leave your steering wheel on the dash? That kinda defeats the purpose and of anything would be inviting people to break into your car because quick release and a steering wheel is atleast 200.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yup it sure does defeat that purpose but thats not why I got it(looks and comfort came first), it just gave me alittle peace of mind. I leave it on the dash cause most of the time I dont feel the need to be carrying it around, if im going somewhere that requires my car to be out of my view for awhile then of course I take it with me. That doesnt happen too often though.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
^thats a good looking steering wheel. care to share the brand and model

·
Registered
823 Posts

Momo Tuner Black 320mm steering whee, NR-G quick release V2.0 quick release and short hub. I tend to pop the wheel off at meets and hide it away. Bought the wheel because I love the style and it feels much nicer, tight and direct. The hub was just an afterthought but I'm glad I chose to go for the QR as it's useful.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts