NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. the 2 speakers in the rear are 6.5"? Should these be replaced with 2 or 3 way speakers?

2. the lower door speakers are 6.5"? Should these be replaced with 2 or 3 way speakers?

Also, if it matters, i am planning on adding a single bass tube later.

any input would be appreciated, and yes I am an audio noob. Thanx guys, dave...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, cool. will I need those adapters for all the 6.5's I replace? in other words 2 for the rear, 2 for the lower doors and 2 for the components in the doors?
thanx XYRCNCP.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
You should only need those adapters for the rears. Toyota decided to make the fancy mounting kit a part of the speaker. I don't know who's "bright" idea that was. Thankfully for the front, the speakers unscrew out. Or at least they do in mine (I have the crappy 8-speaker system).

As for 2-way or 3-way speakers, all personal preference. Go take a listen to speakers. I would sit here and tell you JL's sound awesome, but you might not agree. Same with XYRCNCP's speakers (I'm not flaming). He might love them, you might hate them. Basically, we all have our own taste in how we want our speakers to sound like. Head on over to a car audio store and take a listen to the speakers they offer. If you like a certain set, get them. I recommend JL's and Pioneer REV series, and XYRCNCP recommends Infinity Kappa's. Take a listen to them and see what you think. Don't listen to people and buy it because they say so. It's your money.

Curt

·
Registered
366 Posts
any place other than directly from scosche to get these adapters? I ordered a kit from them before and got reamed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, thanx for all the advice guys. I am going to order the adapters soon. have any of you used the scosche speaker wire adapters? they are plugs with wires running from them to attach to the aftermarket speaker wires. then the plug goes into the factory speaker wire plug that runs to the amp. Is the stock wiring ok? keep in mind, I'm not going to be pushing many amps through the system. also here is a place to order any scosche parts for the celi. thanx again guys.
http://www.sfxaudio.com/products/installsearch.asp?s=overture

1 - 7 of 7 Posts