NewCelica.org Forum banner

R35 Nissan GT-R

178945 Views 1729 Replies 142 Participants Last post by  Motor
Nissan GT-R
Photos of a masked Nissan GT-R lapping the N
1 - 19 of 1730 Posts
Corvette or a GT-R? Hmmm... tough choices I will never have the opportunity to make...
That GT-R has too many "vents." It's gonna be rice straight from the factory.
enthennd said:
70k + 450 hp = for the lose.
M5 is $83K for 500hp. I guess in your world, that's a loss too.
enthennd said:
Beast said:
M5 is $83K for 500hp. I guess in your world, that's a loss too.
Eh, in my world I couldn't afford any of them. :shrugs:

Oh well, I guess I didn't think it through, I retract that statement.
Don't sweat it. It's a instinctive reaction for alot of people that like cars. HP #'s mean everything to them. All wheel turning systems frighten them. Heck, heated seats frighten them. :chuckles:

Depends what you want out of a car really, but if you just cared about $/hp, you can just buy a piece of junk and mod the hell out of it. In the end, you'll have a fast piece of junk.
please send one over to my house. I'll take one in black, but I'm sure one of the other colors would also do just fine.
Red Falcon said:
WHY THE **** DIDN'T THEY MAKE A MANUAL! I now hate this car.
I know. It's so terrible now. Civic EX is much better b/c we get to jam in the synchronizers ourselves. :D

BTW, do you think the front "grill" part is just unpainted urethane? If so, and I got it in black, I think I would have it painted and colormatched w/ the black.
lVlemphizStylez said:
The big bad SS Vette will be b!tch slapping this across the 1/4 ....Hell the current Zo6 can tango with this "super car"
Damn straight! skyline owners will have to watch the Dodge Caliber w/ binoculars yo!
2000 XYR said:
marc said:
Drivetrain: 3.8-liter, 473-hp, 433-lb-ft twin turbocharged V6; awd, six-speed automatic
Curb Weight: 3792 pounds

vs.

Drivetrain: 7.0-liter, 505-hp, 470-lb-ft V8; rwd, six-speed manual
Curb Weight: 3132 pounds

vs.

Drivetrain: 8.4-liter, 600-hp, 560-lb-ft V8; rwd, six-speed manual
Curb Weight: 3450 pounds

All the same price - pick one.
I'd take the Vette or Viper.
Are we still paper-racing here? Power to weight ratio...1/4 mile times? I'd drive all three cars and see which one did it for me. Unlike some people in this thread, I might even take a turn. You know, see what that steering wheel thing can do. :D
lVlemphizStylez said:
yea because both the Zo6 and the Viper suck at handling....it's American and fast...so it can't turn
Who said that? I'm saying you should probably judge a car after driving it, instead of straight numbers and 1/4 mile time. Seriuosly, some people here would pick a car that looked like a used refridgerator box as long as it was .1 seconds faster than a comparible car in the 1/4 mile, or had 2 more hp.
marc said:
When I spend that kind of money, its not about the performance - you can get that level of performance for much less (Lotus anyone?) - its also about the image and the feel of the car.
Exactly.

When buying a car at that price, you can't sit around thinking "am I getting the best bang for the buck?" Seriously, who spends $80K on a car and thinks that? You're already insane and have plenty of money to burn (unless you are just fiscally irresponsible, which could very well be the case).

A car's looks are solely based on each owner, unless they are a tool and begin to buy into what everyone else's opinions are. If you buy a $80K car, you buy it and never look back. Otherwise buyers remorse will always kill you.

"For $40K less, you could have gotten a much faster car after mods!" True, but I'm driving a sweet ZO6.
I had a lighthearted discussion (like most of my disuccsions) with my friend about this car, and he made a very good point:

Of the list of cars people want to compare it to, it's one of the best daily drivers. If I was rich enough to have a Viper as a second car, I would have absolutely no problem with it. If it was my only car, that would probably be less convenient (say during inclimate weather or traffic).

Just something else to think about. I'll be the first to admit, if you are looking at power/weight and the 1/4 mile times, this car is definitely lacking in the "best bang for the buck territory." However, like I said before, when you're purchasing an $80K car you're buying the car you want based on a personal preference. It doesn't necessarily have to blow everyone else off the road.
marc said:
I might be somewhat hesitant about driving an $80,000 car daily though - not out of worry for my skill, but because I've seen other driver's skill, and I see how people function in parking lots.
I saw this Honda (of course) the other day on the highway. It nearly sideswiped some other car. Then I noticed the whole side of the Honda was covered in bondo. Perhaps war wounds from a previous sideswipe adventure? :chuckles:
Beast said:

This display is sweet! :thumbup:
I just realized that JDM kids will shell out thousands for the Japense buttons. :chuckles:

Also, what the hell does the "CARWINGS" button do?

Thank you. You answered my question. They do not paint the center section black on the black car. This would be my first "mod." :D
See less See more
That test isn't exactly scientific.
I don't understand how different cars being driven by different drivers w/ different setups isn't scientific? .... :chuckles:
So how the hell do you test cars fairly to satisfy everyone?
Drive the car yourself.

I'm not saying the comparison tests aren't somewhat helpful, but if you're really going to base your opinon on what car is "better" on a couple select stats, then you could be making an error in judgement.

Stock setups for some cars might be more beneficial for one type of track over another. So even using the same driver provides several other variables that aren't' accounted for. However, from what I gather your video comprises of several cars racing at the same time, right? Different drivers is a huge variable. How they handle driving in traffic/being pursued may be another.
I'm sorry, but you're a fcuking idiot. Grow some balls, and enjoy a car that can actually take turns without sending you into a ditch:

No wonder you paid money for a SRT-4 instead of a 240SX or something...

I'm confused? I though you and Memphiz were buddies?

:D
See less See more
1 - 19 of 1730 Posts