Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for Fred Haas Scion World in Spring. I found out about this site from Pirana GTS, who I work with. I have been given confirmation by Houston Motorsports Park to allow us to do a Scion and Friends drag race, but I am also trying to see how much interest I have in the event. How many of you guys would want to go? The date is set for Oct. 9. Please let me know so I can confirm with the owner. As for it being called Scion and FRIENDS is because I want to run my car also. Let me know if you can make it so I have a head count. Right now I have 20-25 people, which, if it stays the same, we will have a bracket race. If I can get about 50 people, I want to have heads-up classes and then have a competition for the championship in a bracket format. If your curious as to what type of cars are coming out; I have also posted on Houston-Imports, Houston Toyota Club, Eurotechniks, MX6, Club 1.8T, Scion Life, etc; so I am expecting a wide diversity of racers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vatik said:
welcome to the board, i think you will find a few people from the area that would go, and tell sam i said whats up
Thanks for the welcome, and I will be sure to tell him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys. I just got confirmation from a guy who has an 11 sec Miata and a newly turbo-charged Ninja. I think it would be worth it just to watch him lay down the smack on a lot of the big blocks or even some Supras that may be out there on the 9th.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got confirmation from the owner for the race on Oct. 9. Driver's is $20, spectators is $10, and kids 12 & under are free. We will have trophy's for the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners. Please let me know if anyone of you, that has not already commited, are coming. As of right now we have 30 people coming.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
What time is it? I'd love to come

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome guys! The gates open at 5 pm. The race probably will not start until about 7 pm. I hope you guys will be there by 5 pm so we can all introduce ourselves and so you all can get some track time in. We will all be parking on the infield of the round track, which should be sectioned off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There has been a change of pricing for the event on Oct. 9th. It is still $20 to race and kids 12 & under are free. However, entry is $15. The reason is that FSTA (Factory Street of Texas Association) will be having an event the day. It is going to be a lot of fun, and I hope this does not change anyone's plans.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
Originally posted by Mistrimeat
I can't go.
What????? You always come out to everything :gap:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reminder!

The race is this Saturday. I believe that I originally put that the gates will be open at 5 pm. They will be open by 4 pm. You will need to be there between 4-5 pm so you can be set up and ready to make a couple passes. Again, the cost is $20 to race, spectators are $15, and kids 12 and under are FREE (the best word in the English language). If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask by replying to this forum or calling me at 281.296.5266.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I see some of yall are from Tx. Just lettin yall know there is a Texas Celica meet Sat Oct. 23 2004 in Dallas. There will be a caravan of ppl from Houston making the trip up, so you can add to the train up here if you would like. We would love to have as many as possible up here in dallas.

Please view the meet thread in the SW regional forum for more info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Last update before the race tommorrow:

Everybody who will be racing a car has to have pants or trousers of some kind (ie: windpants, blue jeans, khakis, etc).

The one's who are running bikes need to have helmet, jacket (preferably leather but Joe Rocket is fine), at least blue jeans (again preferably leather), leather gloves, and a boot or shoe that covers the ankle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts