NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was driving to meet my friend at the gas station, im at a red light and some car comes flying up behind me and pulls right up on my bumper. Light goes green, I rev to 3k in first- shift into 2nd and I see this guy flying up next to me so i punch it around 35 in 2nd and once i hit lift i pulled 3 or so cars on him. Then I get a light next to him. It was a Buick Regal GS supercharged with some mods.

We get a green light, I don't launch but he squeals the tires and takes off and chirped 2nd, hes about 2 lengths ahead, and Im shifting to 2nd but It grinds bad so it takes me a few seconds to get it into gear and i land lift. Then by then hes 5 or more lengths ahead, by 3rd at 80 i was within 2 lengths of him but he shuts down around 85-90. I turn around and goto sunoco. He was there when I got there, gets out and says "so how does it feel to lose to a buick?". I told him I grinded 2nd, I'll race you again. He says no I proved my point. I follow him down the street and he goes to his house and I asked if its supercharged and he said yes. I said cmon lets go again, hes like no your car is just a toyota.

So yeah im pretty sure he had an lsd or something along with cams. Later on I was driving to my friends house when I get a light with a BMW Z4 6speed. We were both going about 10 rolling up to the light when it turns green, we both drop into 1st and floor it. By the end of first he had 2 car lengths. Once I landed lift he didnt pull much more on my but he shut down around 60 so I couldn't find out how bad it would end. I turned off and gave him a thumbs up.

Oh yeah and my mods are: custom magnaflow exhaust with 2.5in piping from axle back, and butterfly mod. I also have a 60 pound sub box in the trunk. lol

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just have one question...how do you know the Regal had mods? If you aren't sure, then he's stock as far as you know... :) LOL...
3500lbs, 240hp, 280lb tq, low 15s high 14s stock...so if he was modded as you said he was he would win if he knew how to race...

shifting to 2nd but It grinds bad so it takes me a few seconds to get it into gear and i land lift. Then by then hes 5 or more lengths ahead, by 3rd at 80 i was within 2 lengths of him
The numbers for the GS and the Celica are very close...so I just don't see how you could have pulled 3+ cars on him from 2nd to 3rd gear...

Still...he's a PUSS for not racing again...

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
2swft4u said:
I just have one question...how do you know the Regal had mods? If you aren't sure, then he's stock as far as you know... :) LOL...
3500lbs, 240hp, 280lb tq, low 15s high 14s stock...so if he was modded as you said he was he would win if he knew how to race...

shifting to 2nd but It grinds bad so it takes me a few seconds to get it into gear and i land lift. Then by then hes 5 or more lengths ahead, by 3rd at 80 i was within 2 lengths of him
The numbers for the GS and the Celica are very close...so I just don't see how you could have pulled 3+ cars on him from 2nd to 3rd gear...

Still...he's a PUSS for not racing again...
They are only close because of the launch. The top end suffers on that car when compared to its low end.

ALthough, if he did have cams he would have walke dyou hard. I dont know how you could just come up with random mods.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He might have been stock but I know for a fact it was supercharged

·
Registered
306 Posts
my brothers GTP (same engine as the Regal) went 14.7 @ 93 stock... but they are pigs in the higher speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts