NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me: 1986 MR2 5 speed. Mods-conical filter and advnaced timing. Stock HP 112.
Hatch: 1997 Ford Probe GT-stock. Mods: broken flow pipe before muffler. Don't laugh-sounds TOUGH. HP stock-170 I think?

WTF. I did pretty well against this car in Toyos so I figured I could put up a battle through third gear if I launched decent.

Met up with hatch tonite. 3 honk roll-left on the first honk(Lmao-A CHASE IS A RACE. My 1.6 against a V6 what do you expect). Hatch chased and caught me in 4th at about 100MPH.
Second race-raced fair this time-at 80MPH Hatch inched away-by 90MPH had a car and half. On a 5MPH roll.

No fear. I am returning in two days to Northern VA with Carolyn's GSR(advanced timing-open airbox). Hatch's ego is getting popped by a 1.8 liter car.

Can't win them all.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know-16 sec cars battling it out:(
Of course I could use the ricer excuses of saying I can beat it on turns or my lack of cubes but then Toyo would accuse me of hiding behind cubes.
Got my ass kicked:)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Mike Morris
Me: 1986 MR2 5 speed. Mods-conical filter and advnaced timing. Stock HP 112.
Hatch: 1997 Ford Probe GT-stock. Mods: broken flow pipe before muffler. Don't laugh-sounds TOUGH. HP stock-170 I think?

WTF. I did pretty well against this car in Toyos so I figured I could put up a battle through third gear if I launched decent.

Met up with hatch tonite. 3 honk roll-left on the first honk(Lmao-A CHASE IS A RACE. My 1.6 against a V6 what do you expect). Hatch chased and caught me in 4th at about 100MPH.
Second race-raced fair this time-at 80MPH Hatch inched away-by 90MPH had a car and half. On a 5MPH roll.

No fear. I am returning in two days to Northern VA with Carolyn's GSR(advanced timing-open airbox). Hatch's ego is getting popped by a 1.8 liter car.

Can't win them all.
Wrent you the one that said a Probe GT should run low 15's?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do.
But considering Hatch weights 230 pounds,had about 100 pounds of crap in the car I doubt this one could.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
They do.
But considering Hatch weights 230 pounds,had about 100 pounds of crap in the car I doubt this one could.
400 lbs should be at worst 4 tenths. Maybe high 15's?

Either way, you faired better than you should have.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe. Not sure. Toyo was at least mid 15s with a good launch at a good track and he and the Probe were neck and neck back when Toyo gave a damn. Too bad Hatch denying it-lost to the Celica once on a fair race.
Both he(Hatch) and I were suprised like you(about this race). I though for sure I was toast but a lot more.

I want to really run a V6 Fiero near stock or stock. Hatch saw one line up next to me but I was in the wrong car(93 Celica with a motor on the way out) or Prince William county parkway. Can anyone hook me up? 7th/Manny know anyone local with one? Love Fieros.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Englishtown Car show had a fiero with a transam look like a kit and a cadillac northstar V8. Looked gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
And I am sure was fast as hell. I have seen LT1 pwrd ones around here.
I want to run a 2.8 stocker. Any type of engine swap one would demolish me easily.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
And I am sure was fast as hell. I have seen LT1 pwrd ones around here.
I want to run a 2.8 stocker. Any time of engine swap one would demolish me easily.
You never answered me on sr5 question.

Its auto but the guy wants 4k. Its very, very, very clean. All stock. But still auto.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Sr5 question? Where?
Year? Color? Pics location?
My neighborhood. 83. Color, I honestly forgot:rofl:

Ill have to check it out and take pics as well.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Mike Morris said:
I want to really run a V6 Fiero near stock or stock. Hatch saw one line up next to me but I was in the wrong car(93 Celica with a motor on the way out) or Prince William county parkway. Can anyone hook me up? 7th/Manny know anyone local with one? Love Fieros.
You know Mike, there is a young looking guy that drives a black one in my area, but im not sure if its v6, ill ask next time i see him!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
You never answered me on sr5 question.

Its auto but the guy wants 4k. Its very, very, very clean. All stock. But still auto.
Corolla?

Tell him to fondle your testes, that's way to much for a 21 year old car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
there used to be a fiero with a ferrari bodykit & rims that would cruise by my work occasionally.

it had a mexican/indian driver. heehee

·
Banned
3,768 Posts
Maybe. Not sure. Toyo was at least mid 15s with a good launch at a good track and he and the Probe were neck and neck back when Toyo gave a damn. Too bad Hatch denying it-lost to the Celica once on a fair race.
Both he(Hatch) and I were suprised like you(about this race). I though for sure I was toast but a lot more.
Yeah, I used to give a damn but I kept losing to Supras and FD's so I decided to hang it up. I mean if they only beat me by 10 cars or so I'd feel I at least kept up, but evidently this was not possible as it was more like 20+ cars :wtc:

So sad...

·
Registered
792 Posts
kinda like picking the slowest cars on gran turismo and racing your friend. (not saying your cars are slow) Kicks ass though. I love old mr2s, make me think of transformers.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was pretty suprised by the closeness of the races as well. I don't think the probe is running particularily well and goodness knows that Gen keeps tons of sh*t in the car at any given time.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.