NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raced blackhatch and lost

2K views 134 replies 12 participants last post by  F22-Raptor 
#1 ·
Me: 1986 MR2 5 speed. Mods-conical filter and advnaced timing. Stock HP 112.
Hatch: 1997 Ford Probe GT-stock. Mods: broken flow pipe before muffler. Don't laugh-sounds TOUGH. HP stock-170 I think?

WTF. I did pretty well against this car in Toyos so I figured I could put up a battle through third gear if I launched decent.

Met up with hatch tonite. 3 honk roll-left on the first honk(Lmao-A CHASE IS A RACE. My 1.6 against a V6 what do you expect). Hatch chased and caught me in 4th at about 100MPH.
Second race-raced fair this time-at 80MPH Hatch inched away-by 90MPH had a car and half. On a 5MPH roll.

No fear. I am returning in two days to Northern VA with Carolyn's GSR(advanced timing-open airbox). Hatch's ego is getting popped by a 1.8 liter car.

Can't win them all.

#4 ·
I know-16 sec cars battling it out:(
Of course I could use the ricer excuses of saying I can beat it on turns or my lack of cubes but then Toyo would accuse me of hiding behind cubes.
Got my ass kicked:)

#6 ·
Originally posted by Mike Morris
Me: 1986 MR2 5 speed. Mods-conical filter and advnaced timing. Stock HP 112.
Hatch: 1997 Ford Probe GT-stock. Mods: broken flow pipe before muffler. Don't laugh-sounds TOUGH. HP stock-170 I think?

WTF. I did pretty well against this car in Toyos so I figured I could put up a battle through third gear if I launched decent.

Met up with hatch tonite. 3 honk roll-left on the first honk(Lmao-A CHASE IS A RACE. My 1.6 against a V6 what do you expect). Hatch chased and caught me in 4th at about 100MPH.
Second race-raced fair this time-at 80MPH Hatch inched away-by 90MPH had a car and half. On a 5MPH roll.

No fear. I am returning in two days to Northern VA with Carolyn's GSR(advanced timing-open airbox). Hatch's ego is getting popped by a 1.8 liter car.

Can't win them all.
Wrent you the one that said a Probe GT should run low 15's?

#7 ·
They do.
But considering Hatch weights 230 pounds,had about 100 pounds of crap in the car I doubt this one could.

#8 ·
They do.
But considering Hatch weights 230 pounds,had about 100 pounds of crap in the car I doubt this one could.
400 lbs should be at worst 4 tenths. Maybe high 15's?

Either way, you faired better than you should have.

#9 ·
Maybe. Not sure. Toyo was at least mid 15s with a good launch at a good track and he and the Probe were neck and neck back when Toyo gave a damn. Too bad Hatch denying it-lost to the Celica once on a fair race.
Both he(Hatch) and I were suprised like you(about this race). I though for sure I was toast but a lot more.

I want to really run a V6 Fiero near stock or stock. Hatch saw one line up next to me but I was in the wrong car(93 Celica with a motor on the way out) or Prince William county parkway. Can anyone hook me up? 7th/Manny know anyone local with one? Love Fieros.

#11 · (Edited)
And I am sure was fast as hell. I have seen LT1 pwrd ones around here.
I want to run a 2.8 stocker. Any type of engine swap one would demolish me easily.

#12 ·
And I am sure was fast as hell. I have seen LT1 pwrd ones around here.
I want to run a 2.8 stocker. Any time of engine swap one would demolish me easily.
You never answered me on sr5 question.

Its auto but the guy wants 4k. Its very, very, very clean. All stock. But still auto.

#15 ·
Mike Morris said:
I want to really run a V6 Fiero near stock or stock. Hatch saw one line up next to me but I was in the wrong car(93 Celica with a motor on the way out) or Prince William county parkway. Can anyone hook me up? 7th/Manny know anyone local with one? Love Fieros.
You know Mike, there is a young looking guy that drives a black one in my area, but im not sure if its v6, ill ask next time i see him!

#18 ·
Maybe. Not sure. Toyo was at least mid 15s with a good launch at a good track and he and the Probe were neck and neck back when Toyo gave a damn. Too bad Hatch denying it-lost to the Celica once on a fair race.
Both he(Hatch) and I were suprised like you(about this race). I though for sure I was toast but a lot more.
Yeah, I used to give a damn but I kept losing to Supras and FD's so I decided to hang it up. I mean if they only beat me by 10 cars or so I'd feel I at least kept up, but evidently this was not possible as it was more like 20+ cars :wtc:

So sad...

#22 ·
They go for a lot in ANY community as long as its not hacked up.

I have been offered 6500 for my 1986 GTS Corolla twice and 5500 three times. Check out link in sig. And they were by white guys. Latinos have expressed interest in it as well but no money was discussed. Reason is they are light,RWD and the 3TC motors in 80-82s are stout pieces-capable of 500RWHP with a power adder and a long life. Not bad for a OHV 1.8. Plus just about any Toyota motor sans V8s fits in them.

Check out 80-87 Corollas on ebay/www.club4ag.com and see what people are selling them for and GETTING. Its insane.

Initial D has not helped either in terms of the AE86.

My MR2 in the straights is slow. No offense taken. But its still fun to drive. Even with some shot bushings and no name tires it handles great!

#23 ·
They go for a lot in ANY community as long as its not hacked up.

I have been offered 6500 for my 1986 GTS Corolla twice and 5500 three times. Check out link in sig. And they were by white guys. Latinos have expressed interest in it as well but no money was discussed. Reason is they are light,RWD and the 3TC motors in 80-82s are stout pieces-capable of 500RWHP with a power adder and a long life. Not bad for a OHV 1.8. Plus just about any Toyota motor sans V8s fits in them.

Check out 80-87 Corollas on ebay/www.club4ag.com and see what people are selling them for and GETTING. Its insane.

Initial D has not helped either in terms of the AE86.

My MR2 in the straights is slow. No offense taken. But its still fun to drive. Even with some shot bushings and no name tires it handles great!
It would sell for more if it were a "Panda." :)

And what the hell is Initial D :confused:

#26 ·
Inital D-cartoon from Japan featuring a built AE86 hatchback that beats RXTs,St205s etc...Totally unrealistic. Toyo your brother has them all on dvd

"Panda" this :fawk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.