NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he always wanted to run against me..... my mods are the follwing in the sig.... he has a 98 GS-T with a custom intake, test pipe, custom exhaust, and his boost is set at 14lbs..... well we hit a light and i revved to around 5k.... light turns green i slip and dump the clutch... had him by half a car at the launch and slowly pulled.... end 3rd i was about 2 cars ahead, when i hit 4th i saw his car had a jump, he pulled up a lil, now im about 1 1/2 car ahead and pretty much stayed like that untill 100 mph......

i was wondering, the best he ran at the track is a 14.7, now for instance when he ran me, say he was running a 14.7, what would i be running if i was about a car and a half ahead of him? or is there no way to determine?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
not bad.. thats an expected kill.. 2G dsms (gsx, gst) with the stock t25 are very vulnerable.. no top end what so ever.. but interestingly enough.. i walked on a GTS in my 4th gear on the freeway.. i also beat a type r 4th gear pull.. (both kills starting @ 4th gear 3.5-4k rpm).. make sure he doesnt change his turbo.. even as small as the stock 14b on 1g dsms.. cause then u wont have a chance.. i know how it is.. i had a gts.. and now have a dsm.. ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not worried, he has no money :gap: doesn't matter anyways because im getting rid of the celi when i graduate high school :(

·
Registered
493 Posts
i would not sell a celica for a DSM...only to have more power..i think a gts is a much better quality car and handles bettter...

·
Registered
12,359 Posts
i wouldnt sell my celica...ever...i plan on keeping it till it dies...n just buy the 05' next gen....or a 2003 gts after i pay this one off. but yea.. a 2 car pull isnt much time wise....

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Aris said:
i would not sell a celica for a DSM...only to have more power..i think a gts is a much better quality car and handles bettter...
i would.. and i did.. and i'd do it again.. looks + power + potential = 97-99 Eclipse GST/GSX.. i'd give it to the celica for handling.. as far as quality.. if ur talking about the motor built.. yes, because of the known (hyped up not really a normal occurance) c-walk issues.. if we had the build/quality 4G63 that were in the EVOs.. that's a different story.. u dare not question those.. :) FI ownz.. my .02

·
Registered
284 Posts
GhostFaceKilla said:
i was wondering, the best he ran at the track is a 14.7, now for instance when he ran me, say he was running a 14.7, what would i be running if i was about a car and a half ahead of him? or is there no way to determine?
A car and a half would put you around a 14.55. Basically around 1/10th a second for every car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good kill. Ya, the T-25 is way to small to perform well in it's stock form. The crappy turbine doesnt pull to redline, so it really doesnt help with how heavy the car is already. True you guys got better handeling, but I dont think I'd trade my car in for a Celica. Don't get me wrong I love the stock body of the Celica, but I think if i had to do my car all over again I would have opt'ed for a WRX or at worst a f'ugly 1st gen Eclipse. Tell you're friend he needs to get an aftermarket BOV, cuz with 14lbs of boost on a stocker 2nd gen BOV, he's leakin like a mo-fo and probably why he can't get lower than a 14.7.

happy racin'

my_gst95

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
GhostFaceKilla said:
he always wanted to run against me..... my mods are the follwing in the sig.... he has a 98 GS-T with a custom intake, test pipe, custom exhaust, and his boost is set at 14lbs..... well we hit a light and i revved to around 5k.... light turns green i slip and dump the clutch... had him by half a car at the launch and slowly pulled.... end 3rd i was about 2 cars ahead, when i hit 4th i saw his car had a jump, he pulled up a lil, now im about 1 1/2 car ahead and pretty much stayed like that untill 100 mph......

That's hard to say, because he may not have ran the same 14.7 when he ran u. Like you said, you had him at launch, so his launch may not be as good as the one when he got his best of 14.7.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Stock Turbo 2nd Gen DSM's and Stock WRX's are pretty kileable if you are in a GTS and a good driver.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
now he wants to race for money.... but hes making excuses up on how i beat him blah blah crap like that.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: Raced my friend's GS-T

nyoneway said:

That's hard to say, because he may not have ran the same 14.7 when he ran u. Like you said, you had him at launch, so his launch may not be as good as the one when he got his best of 14.7.
i raced him 4 times and always beat him by at least 1 car :wiggle:

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Oo DaRk StAr oO said:
Stock Turbo 2nd Gen DSM's and Stock WRX's are pretty killable if you are in a GTS and a good driver.

exactly wat everybody should realize... but they should also know.. with as much someone pays for a body kit painted on a celi.. they'll be running low 13s/12s..

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
EuGeNiLe GTS said:
[/size]

exactly wat everybody should realize... but they should also know.. with as much someone pays for a body kit painted on a celi.. they'll be running low 13s/12s..
VERY VERY VERY TRUE!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts