NewCelica.org Forum banner

261 - 280 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
^doesn't look that low at all. looks like my car on skunk2 springs...

·
Canadian eh!
491 Posts
With rake....? Lol.

·
Poopin' on Scrubz
3,742 Posts
I've not heard any issues with them.

Yes, you get what you pay for, but if you want something nice and cheap, go for it.

If I still had a Celica, all I would need is a good strut/spring combo. I would never need to adjust my height, so a fixed height would be good for me.

Tanabe DF210's: 2.5" drop.
And KYB AGX struts

·
Registered
428 Posts
probably gonna get hated on/flamed but i bought these and they work fine...I'm not slammed to ground or anything, just lowered a little to fill my wheel gap. I know I can't really do this comparison but my cousin has an 07 WRX with BC coilovers and you can't even tell the difference whether or not one is raceland or BCs. They just feel like coilovers. Just a tad bit bouncier than stock, but not to the point where you are aggravated with yourself. honestly for what it's worth just for daily driving you should be fine. I've already hit massive potholes and scraped my fenders, but these coilovers aren't going to snap in half.

if you're on a budget go for it it's you car and do what you want. if you're going to track it, rally it, etc. then you'd probably want to look into something a little better that offers more features.

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
I would never need to adjust my height, so a fixed height would be good for me.

Tanabe DF210's: 2.5" drop.
And KYB AGX struts
:headbang: Hell yes. but why AGX? Arent those adjustable? Just go GR-2 and save a little bit of money : D

honestly for what it's worth just for daily driving you should be fine. I've already hit massive potholes and scraped my fenders, but these coilovers aren't going to snap in half.
This. pretty much any suspension you buy isn't going to snap in half or else it would cease to exist as a product. for DD racelands are fine. Especially after you spend some time driving around on blown struts :chuckles:

No :) get Megan Street Series
I was eyeing the Megan coils for a while man. Decided on the DF210's + GR-2's just because i got a great deal on them, and because theres no way in hell I'm going to be able to go past the 2.5 - 3.0 range on the roads in my area. brutal

·
DA General of the ARMY
6,943 Posts
let me tell you about racelands.

i have installed 5 sets of them on various cars. they are decent. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A MILD DROP. if you try to slam your car with them, the ride is bouncy as shit and horrible. what do you expect with a spring rate of 400 and under?

so yes. solid coil for dd use.

shitty ass coil for slammed / low life

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
So you might as well just get springs s f struts since you can't drop low

·
Registered
109 Posts
So with all the hate that raceland seems to get, I was quite driven away from them originally. However, due to the situation my driveway puts me in, there was a possibility that i was not going to be able to get into it even with only the 2.5 inch drop provided by eibach sportlines which were my first choice. So, I bit the bullet and purchased these coilovers. Sort of. They were my christmas gift. I paid for part of them, my parents the rest. (Yes, my parents bought my coilovers. Please don't hate me.)

When i received them, the box was very neat and everything was nicely packaged. the springs were individually wrapped to prevent them from rubbing on the shocks/struts during transport. Two very heavy duty adjuster spanner wrenches were incldued as well. In all honesty, I did not expect to be impressed as I had been with friends when they'd received their expensive coilovers. However to my surprise I was quite impressed with the build quality and sturdiness of the coilovers. The welds are not as clean as you would see on others, but they are very solid. The CNCed parts of the kit are also very nice as well. The springs are nicely built as well, and have raceland in white lettering on the coils. One thing i have found is that they do not include instructions on removing your stock tophats and pillow mounts and attaching them to the coilovers, which I feel is something that would be needed if you purchased these without the knowledge that you must do so. However, I don't think that would be difficult whatsoever to figure out on ones own. Also, there were no stickers. There should ALWAYS be stickers.

So here are some pictures. Please excuse the crappy cellphone quality. I'll get my nikon out an take some much better ones within the next couple of days.

Fully assembled front coilover

New tie rods are included with the kit which is nice.

Unassembled front coilover.

Assembled rear

Unassemlbed rear

These were included with the rears. I am assuming they are involved in some way with the stock rear pillowmounts. This is where instructions would have been helpful.

I would like to add that raceland states that you can adjust anywhere from 1 inch to 3 inches. There is FAR more thread on the coilovers than 3 inches worth. On the rears there is almost five worth. It may not seem so in pictures, but there is a very good amount of adjusting space.

Also, if you have not personally used or own these, I would recommend not bashing them. It seems that almost every forum I'd read that the people who did not like these coilovers did not own nor had any experience with them. I feel like it may be driving people away from a well priced alternative.

So first impressions are:
1. Sturdy
2. Well designed
3. Quality is good. Weld quality is good, but could be prettier.
4. Spring are nice, and all other included pieces as well.
5. Instructions that should be included were not, so far this is the only thing i dislike.

Hopefully I will have these installed within the next couple of days and will be able to give a ride quality review as well. Hope this helped!

261 - 280 of 313 Posts