NewCelica.org Forum banner

281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
is NSFW
6,093 Posts
So you're worried about a 2.5 spring drop so you bought the cheapest/crappiest coil over around?

So first impressions are:
1. Sturdy
2. Well designed
3. Quality is good. Weld quality is good, but could be prettier.
4. Spring are nice, and all other included pieces as well.
5. Instructions that should be included were not, so far this is the only thing i dislike.
1. I'd like the think that even the cheapest of coils would not be able to bend by hand.
2. If you want to call reusing the design of the tC coils and drilling the holes to fit the fronts well designed, then i don't know what to tell you.
3. You can't tell anyone to not bash on Racelands if you yourself haven't even installed/driven on them unless you are somehow able to simulate the weight of your car and the load it takes while cornering.
4." The springs and everything else looks nice," doesn't everything look nice right out of the box?
5. They didn't include instructions because the design is so typical a caveman can install them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So you're worried about a 2.5 spring drop so you bought the cheapest/crappiest coil over around?

1. I'd like the think that even the cheapest of coils would not be able to bend by hand.
2. If you want to call reusing the design of the tC coils and drilling the holes to fit the fronts well designed, then i don't know what to tell you.
3. You can't tell anyone to not bash on Racelands if you yourself haven't even installed/driven on them unless you are somehow able to simulate the weight of your car and the load it takes while cornering.
4." The springs and everything else looks nice," doesn't everything look nice right out of the box?
5. They didn't include instructions because the design is so typical a caveman can install them.
On the topic of the tc coils, I did not know that they were simply redesigned. It works and that's alright with me. Referring to telling people not to bash, I wasn't trying to state that these were some sort of wonderful coilover that everyone should buy. I'm sorry if it came out the way. I do think though that a lot of the bashing that raceland receives often comes from people who do not have much experience with them. Yes, I do suppose everything looks nice right out of the box. Also, instructions and design wise, I think that seeing as these are not designed to be used in a track and cornering setting, the simple design should do what it is meant to do. I for one don't know anyone who uses their stanced car on the track, even with their 2000 dollar coilovers. I hope that clears some things up.

·
Poopin' on Scrubz
3,742 Posts
I for one don't know anyone who uses their stanced car on the track, even with their 2000 dollar coilovers.
Well said... Well said...

Yes, the coils are cheap. Yes, they are not as good or nice as the $1,000-$2,000 coils, but they are there as a good alternative...

If I had a Celica still, I'd FOR SURE try these out. If you take care of them and just daily drive them, I'm SURE they would hold up for YEARS.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well said... Well said...

Yes, the coils are cheap. Yes, they are not as good or nice as the $1,000-$2,000 coils, but they are there as a good alternative...

If I had a Celica still, I'd FOR SURE try these out. If you take care of them and just daily drive them, I'm SURE they would hold up for YEARS.
See I thought the same as well, and once I have mine installed I hope that I can give a more knowledgeable assessment of their quality. I think they're a great alternative for the person who simply wants to be able to lower their car as a daily, not as a track ready race car.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know three different people that put racelands on their car and they blew with a weeks worth of driving. Coils were set with an appropriate amount of preload and the cars were barely lowered.
Whoa, that's unsettling. Glad I at least have a warranty. Its strange, they must not have very good quality control. My friend has had them on his miata and they've never caused him problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Because warranty really helps when you have to have a car sitting on stands for 2 weeks shipping them back (which you pay for) then waiting for the new ones to come. Stock suspension is better quality.

·
is NSFW
6,093 Posts

·
fuck the police
252 Posts
sadly that is what the term "stanced" has evolved into. Dropped to the floor and retarded camber. that's why im in the #fuckStance movement! :headbang:
im new to suspension modification on cars. when i first heard of stancing i looked it up, and for a while that is what i thought that is what being stanced was all about.

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
I for one don't know anyone who uses their stanced car on the track, even with their 2000 dollar coilovers.
im new to suspension modification on cars. when i first heard of stancing i looked it up, and for a while that is what i thought that is what being stanced was all about.
:wave: granted the BC inverted RAM coils arent $2,000 but they are some of the most expensive options for our cars without going KW but those arent even that great for height adjustability anyways. I would personally love to run CEIKA coilovers with custom valving and rates

Stance is all about how the car sits and looks. a stock car can have a stance. 'Being Stanced' has evolved into being as low as possible with the tire as close to the fender as possible. 2 completely different ideas from adding 1 letter.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Stance is all about how the car sits and looks. a stock car can have a stance. 'Being Stanced' has evolved into being as low as possible with the tire as close to the fender as possible. 2 completely different ideas from adding 1 letter.
You are correct with the whole every car has stance thing but you are incorrect with the stanced thing. The whole "stanced" thing is what all the dumb ass Honda kids call it and they use it as a coverall. What you were referring to is fitment. Fitment is where you are trying to get either the wheel or tire as close to the fender as possible ideally without rubbing or at the very least minimal rubbing.

The whole "stanced" thing is just a blanket statement used by people who really have no clue what they are talking about.

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
You are correct with the whole every car has stance thing but you are incorrect with the stanced thing. The whole "stanced" thing is what all the dumb ass Honda kids call it and they use it as a coverall. What you were referring to is fitment. Fitment is where you are trying to get either the wheel or tire as close to the fender as possible ideally without rubbing or at the very least minimal rubbing.

The whole "stanced" thing is just a blanket statement used by people who really have no clue what they are talking about.
But wouldn't fitment be flush? : troll: honestly terminology changes so quickly. Look at rice/ricey. there is a whole thread on the accurate use of that word on this site lol. Not to mention 20 people different definitions. : faint: I've always thought of stanced as widely different offsets in the front and back regardless of camber and low.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have a set of racelands. I've had them on since early October? The only thing that has rusted was the new swaybar end link bolts. But everything seemed pretty clean.

I tracked them once in october after I installed them on the last track day at SCCA in I believe Tinley, IL, but I mostly daily drive. I'm lowered about an inch or inch and a half. People who are at the track a lot were impressed and I got a lot of compliments on how the car handled. I even had a couple people drive the car for test runs for fun. They were surprised by the handling and they asked me what they were I told them they were Racelands and they were surprised thinking it was something else. They said they were pretty good from what everyone was saying.

Now the sad part:
I slid into a curb the other day with all the snow Chicago got and I ended bending the two brackets that hold the knuckle/hub in place.

I contacted raceland and they sent me a free replacement. They actually sent the replacement out for me first. All I had to do is send out the old one with the box that came from the new one and pay shipping which was about 15 bucks...

Like i've stated before, if you're on a budget and you're just daily driving these are pretty decent. Since i've tracked them i've gotten more confidence that these things can take a pretty good beating. I feel like sliding into a curb with your wheels locked almost any strut would bend at the part that I described. But that's just my input

281 - 300 of 313 Posts